Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Popping out of gear question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping out of gear question

Alright so within the last week or 2 of me having my car on the road it was popping out of 3rd alot, and then a week or so later the clutch finally died out. Now befoe I go out and spend all the money on an H22, pop it in my car just to find out my trannys bad... does anybody know if thast a sign of a bad clutch or a bad trans.
    Any input is greatly appreciated
    -Zach

my second gear did that to me... tore apart my tranny (after replacing it first) and noticed alot of wear on my synchros and slide gear thing... so i'd say its your tranny

Comment

Im considering saving my pennys for an H22 with trans swap. Or just sit on my money for a bit and pick up something else, my car has a bad leak up in front end and has soaked my carpit its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
        my second gear did that to me... tore apart my tranny (after replacing it first) and noticed alot of wear on my synchros and slide gear thing... so i'd say its your tranny
        Same exact story on my origional civic transmission. Second gear would just pop out if you let off the gas, and it ended up being a rounded off gear. I'd say its not the clutch because it wouldn't just do this in third.

Comment

well, Im considering my options, right now it burns 4 liters a week when I could drive it, the roof leaks and has soaked the carpet, one of the quarters is quite soft... and the clutch is spent...dead.
          I dont really see any use in me resurecting it, Im almost 17 and only on a part time job. I was thinking of going with finding a civic si, or getting an eg hatch and putting a B16B or a D15B in it. just some ideas to throw around.

Comment

Working...
          X