Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

boost??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost??

im planning on turboing my f22a1 soon so i was wondering how much boost i should run on my stock engine without it blowing?? with the 1g talon turbo i think its td05! so how much boost?

Hey check us out www.2camcrew.com

i hear around 8psi, but tuning is everything. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

with a good tune and a viable motor 12psi
      fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

tdo5 can be a 14b or a 16g. 8psi is normal. Thats done easily. 10 psi on a good tune. I 12 psi for the weekends only.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

aright thanks guys. since im pretty new....take it to a shop to tune it or can i do that stuff myself? probably could dependin on wat it is but idk... oand if i have a turbo and i spin the wheel with an air compressor and remove the compressor and the wheel just stops do u think it does taht just because i need oil to be ran through it or can it be a bad turbo bcuz it worked on my friends dsm perfectly fine and would it be cool to boost 12psi on a motor with roughly around 140,000 on it?

Comment

you shouldn't spin the turbine without an oil supply. see if the shaft has any free play. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by jdmcb7510
              aright thanks guys. since im pretty new....take it to a shop to tune it or can i do that stuff myself? probably could dependin on wat it is but idk... oand if i have a turbo and i spin the wheel with an air compressor and remove the compressor and the wheel just stops do u think it does taht just because i need oil to be ran through it or can it be a bad turbo bcuz it worked on my friends dsm perfectly fine and would it be cool to boost 12psi on a motor with roughly around 140,000 on it?
              yes and no what kind of maintenece has the car had what kind of compression do you have does it leak oil at all when was the last time the timing belt was done shit like that, mine had 60,000 miles on when i did it so i know my shit would take it it now has 71,000, yes take it the a shop to have it tuned look through the site for more in fo check out my thread
              "going with psi finally" there is info there as well as others we all had to look at some point no is your tune after you learn as much as you can then we will help you with the rest and dont spin that turbo with out oil you will fuck up the bearings
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

max safely i would say is 10 but someone has gone up to 14 psi before

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                  max safely i would say is 10 but someone has gone up to 14 psi before
                  14 for a five second pull and throw every rod in to the neighbors yard

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                    14 for a five second pull and throw every rod in to the neighbors yard
                    umm and you have a boosted cb7?

Dynamic racing

Comment

and dont spin that turbo with out oil you will fuck up the bearings
                      no not unless you take a drill to it just spinning to see if it spins is fine just wear gloves and it cant hurt to run some oil threw your turbo

Dynamic racing

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                        umm and you have a boosted cb7?
                        yes i do i have not up dated my sig yet and he spun the turbo with compressed air reading ownes you

R.I.P.

Comment

yes i do i have not up dated my sig yet and he spun the turbo with compressed air reading ownes you

lol yeah i hate to read uh dude that aint good may want to replace your bearings now lol

Dynamic racing

Comment

Someone on here, like turbo90accord or something, is running like 15psi or more on the stock block with a apexi safc. It's very possible, just need to have it tuned properly
                            Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

its not like i sat there for five minutes doin it my friend was just showin me for like 2 seconds that it doesnt spin after u take the air away. but if it does need new bearings where can i find a rebuild kit??

Comment

Working...
                              X