Fuel pump problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump problems?

Hey, I just noticed when I took out my back seats that from somewhere around my fuel pump, there is this weird sound. At first i thought it was a screw or something, just vibrating against something, but it sounds like its coming from the fuel pump. I replaced it about a year ago. When I take off my gas cap, it is pretty vaccumed...I never heard anyone elses that does it like mine. Only thing I could guess is that maybe the lines have stuff in them and its having a hard time or something. Any ideas?

Do you have the following?

Sounds like the fuel pump is pulsing on/off after ignition is turned off?

Was your fuel pump recently R&R?

Have you noticed that it is less likely NOT to make the noise when your tank is full?
    TBILL
    92 Accord EX Coupe
    CB7, 5 spd, Seattle Silver

91 Accord LX - no mods
    CB9, Auto, Cobolt Blue Cooking with Clinton

Comment

Im not sure... I'll check.

Comment

This is where my problem started. My main relay started acting up and my fuel pump also. I replaced my main relay (new) and had the fuel pump rebuilt. After rebuilding it (noisy now) I started noticing a vibration/fuel pump noise coming from the tank. It was pulsing on/off. However, it did NOT sound like the fuel pump was coming on all the way. So I was checking my ignition switch and thought that was the problem.....nope. Checked the main relay, and it was NOT coming on either. hmmmmmmm. OK break out the schematics......fuel pump----main relay must energize for it to work. But relay is not energizing........If voltage is getting to the fuel pump it can only be either ECU, ignition switch, or main relay.........could problem be a vacuum leak sounding like the fuel pump be causing the problem.....hmmmmmmmm I have three mechanics looking at it while those who did the R&R of the fuel pump deny anything and everything. One mechanic wants me to replace the fuel pump $$$$$$$$ No error codes are showing up. Yet everything points to the fuel pump. Is your problem EXACTLY the same???????
        TBILL
        92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

Why the hell would you rebuild your fuel pump rather than just get a new one. It makes no sense yes the vacuum from the gas tank is normal it sucks in more vacuum when opened thats how it creates more pressure .

As for the pulsing noise it seems to me like you didnt put the pump back properly did you do it yourself????? Does your car come on and off or does anything funny besides make a sound on the pump . I just think you didnt install it back in correctly or something just jittered lose and is tappin some part within the gastank . Id wait till the tank is almost empty and check it out if you hearin noises back there thats not good bro

Comment

Why the hell would you rebuild your fuel pump rather than just get a new one.

Cause the parts were free

As for the pulsing noise it seems to me like you didnt put the pump back properly did you do it yourself?????
            Nope

Does your car come on and off or does anything funny besides make a sound on the pump
            Just the pump. At least it sounds like a motor vibration.

Car runs fine. Had the work done last year. Did not notice it. This car sits at least 1 month during the winter. The gas tank usually has to be 1/2 full before you notice it and it has to be quiet to hear it.

For me, I plan on looking at replacing the pump again unless someone else has experienced the SAME thing and can direct me to something else. Like maybe a vacuum leak somehow caused by replacing the fuel pump. I thought aero3685 was experiencing the same thing
            TBILL
            92 Accord EX Coupe

91 Accord LX - no mods

Comment

Im not sure... I just heard it when My car was stripped and there was no stereo. i did install the pump myself so it could be somethin loose... not sure, didnt wanna drop the tank to see. The car runs fine, and there are no problems. I know the main relay was done before I got the car.

so i dunno

Comment

Working...
              X