Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

how to for g22 head swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to for g22 head swap?

looking to do the g22 ? what ports do i fill ? i used to doing ls/vtec which you have to block a oil port but ?g22 does any one have pic or step by step how to or will i be the first with step by step with pics

There is already a G series... and it has 5 cylinders. An H22 head on an F22 block is not a "g22".

The H22 head on the F22 block results in a low-revving, low-compression engine... pretty useless.

I'm not aware of any DIYs with pictures. The best thread on this topic would probably be this one:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=g22

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      There is already a G series... and it has 5 cylinders. An H22 head on an F22 block is not a "g22".

The H22 head on the F22 block results in a low-revving, low-compression engine... pretty useless.

I'm not aware of any DIYs with pictures. The best thread on this topic would probably be this one:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=g22
      Not to mention the numerous oil leak issues I've heard of happening. But yeah lol, the G wouldn't work. Did you mean H Donnie?

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
        Not to mention the numerous oil leak issues I've heard of happening. But yeah lol, the G wouldn't work. Did you mean H Donnie?
        No, he meant G. People call the "frankenstein" motors built with F and H parts "G22" or "G23". Because G is between F and H.

But there is already a G series... and doing these swaps does not create one.

Many issues come of the H/F hybrid swaps. They aren't straightforward like the LS/VTEC, and they offer none of the benefits of that motor. There is NO reason ever put an H series head on an F series block.

(here come the kiddies yelling "but da h22 got dem bad sleevez n da f22 gotz da iron sleevez so you can boost it yo itz better 4 boost wit da lo compreshun n iron sleevez!!!!!!111oneone11oneone1")

No.

Comment

you'd be better off with a h23 head swap or a japanese f22b headswap.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

He'd be better off spending his headswap money on modifying an F22A head.

Comment

He'd be better off spending his headswap money on modifying an F22A head.
              not for the same price as a headswap.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                not for the same price as a headswap.
                he means the head swap and the problems that will come with it after.i have heard nothing but bad things about this swap.i mean its retarded.h22 head=87mm bore,f22 block=85mm bore.not to meantion the decks are different.f22 compression=8.8:1,h22=much higher dont kno exsactly.but the h revs higher.u wanna put that on a block that is made for 6400rpm thats askin to send a rod through ur fire wall.but this is my .02.

my new turbo build

Comment

F22a head will outflow the h22a head with just a little porting....

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                    he means the head swap and the problems that will come with it after.i have heard nothing but bad things about this swap.i mean its retarded.h22 head=87mm bore,f22 block=85mm bore.not to meantion the decks are different.f22 compression=8.8:1,h22=much higher dont kno exsactly.but the h revs higher.u wanna put that on a block that is made for 6400rpm thats askin to send a rod through ur fire wall.but this is my .02.
                    the f22 will probably goto 7k on stock everything as long as it's not worn out.

with the h22 head you can put higher compression valves and mill the head to close up the CC. change the vtec engagement and you'll have a decent little runner.

hell, you can probably deck the f22 block and have the piston stick out of the hole.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      the f22 will probably goto 7k on stock everything as long as it's not worn out.

with the h22 head you can put higher compression valves and mill the head to close up the CC. change the vtec engagement and you'll have a decent little runner.

hell, you can probably deck the f22 block and have the piston stick out of the hole.
                      True. But then you're still putting a mismatched head on the block, and you're now far above the cost of a mildly ported F22A head.

And betting that a nearly 20 year old bottom end is healthy enough to rev reliably to 7k regularly is risky.

Comment

True. But then you're still putting a mismatched head on the block, and you're now far above the cost of a mildly ported F22A head.

And betting that a nearly 20 year old bottom end is healthy enough to rev reliably to 7k regularly is risky.
                        compared to a OBD1 h22 which is about 13-17 years old.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Never said that was a great idea either...

The H22A is designed to rev that high, though. The F22A isn't. Revving an aged engine like that isn't wise regardless, but doing so to an engine that wasn't designed for it is worse.

Comment

which is why the f22b jdm head would be more ideal.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Eh... I suppose. The JDM F22B DOHC makes 160hp with slightly more compression. Unless the compression is all in the head, you aren't going to get that full 160hp with a headswap. Probably closer to 150hp. 10hp gain, and all the work of a headswap... bleh.

Also, F22Bs can be had for $600-$800. The head alone would probably run $150-$200. Then you'd need gaskets, belts, fluids, bolts... By the time it's all done, you'll have a slightly refreshed hybrid for roughly the cost of a full F22B that you can just drop in (though changing the timing belt WOULD be wise...)

Comment

Working...
                              X