Exospeed cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exospeed cams?

Found a receipt in the mess of paperwork that came with my coupe recently. (I was bored and decided to go through all that crap. It has just been sitting in the glove box for a couple of years).
    From what I can gather, at some point many years ago, an Exospeed cam was put into my car. While it would explain the oddly strong engine (160whp with IHE and a p12), I can't find out much about the company at all. Their website is no longer up and a search here yielded next to nothing (although I did get the lift and duration specs from here - I LOVE THIS SITE! )

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
    dude to compare cams i know that exospeed cams specs are,

stage_1 is_ Dur 254/250_ lift 388/375

stage 2 is_ Dur 254/254_ Lift 388/388
    so lets see what the delta specs are?
    It sounds milder than a Delta, but wilder than stock.

Does anyone know anything else about them? I guess that changes my mind about the a6 cam swap I was going to do!

Neat find. I too go through all previous invoices/paperwork and log it onto my spreadsheet that I make per car or have in past, only I do it as soon as we take ownership.

I am aware of Exospeed, did not know their website does not work. They were involved with D/F-series motors in the past, I believe some involvement with 'Bisi back in the day or just sold Bisimoto's D-series headers, but I haven't heard much on them lately.

Consider a head mill whenever your head needs a refresh valve job to gain some compression. You'll need adjustable cam gears then to properly degree camshaft. If you have some money, I'd also consider opening up the exhaust ports atleast for minor portjob.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

sick find....
      My System
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
        Neat find. I too go through all previous invoices/paperwork and log it onto my spreadsheet that I make per car or have in past, only I do it as soon as we take ownership.

I am aware of Exospeed, did not know their website does not work. They were involved with D/F-series motors in the past, I believe some involvement with 'Bisi back in the day or just sold Bisimoto's D-series headers, but I haven't heard much on them lately.

Consider a head mill whenever your head needs a refresh valve job to gain some compression. You'll need adjustable cam gears then to properly degree camshaft. If you have some money, I'd also consider opening up the exhaust ports atleast for minor portjob.
        The odd thing is, I leafed through everything when I got the car and then tossed it back into the glovebox. I new she was well maintained (aside from needing two complete exhaust replacements in three years. ) but I didn't really LOOK at everything. It would have been cool to know this all along.
        I'm definitely not looking forward to rebuilding it anytime soon, but when it comes time, I'll take that advice happily!

Comment

What are the stock A6 specs? My car, as the previous owner said, has a gude performance cam in it. I don't really belive it I haven't crack the vc off to see.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

you dont need to take the VC off, they are all marked on the distributor end.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X