Deleting Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Alright so I got a Canadian Accord which comes with standard DRL's and I want to delete them. (I can run parking lights and have no problems with the law) My question is my DRL unit sometimes works and sometimes does, when it doesn't work only one high beam works. I have confirmed this on both of my CB's and friends Accord's that if the DRL unit is malfunctioning only the left high beam will work.

If I remove the DRL unit and leave it running normal USDM style, do you think the high beams would work properly or do the Canadian cars need the DRL in there?
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

crazymikey i remember just removed his DRL relay box and his headlights worked just fine and he didn't have any yellow DRL light.

Comment

i believe they are required on canadian cars. u wont be able to rid them as easy. inspection will probably fail u for it.
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

If I remember the relay works the high beams as well, fix your relay or get one that's in working order from the JY. People on here want DRL light and you want to delete them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          crazymikey i remember just removed his DRL relay box and his headlights worked just fine and he didn't have any yellow DRL light.
          If I unplug the DRL the DRL's will not work but my high beams will not function at all. No lights and no light on dash.

Originally posted by tommi View Post
          i believe they are required on canadian cars. u wont be able to rid them as easy. inspection will probably fail u for it.
          My dad works for Toyota so it's no problem for me. Plus a lot of idiots run around with no lights on in the daytime. I've been running with parking lights for about 2 years on two different CB's with no problems from the police or getting it inspected. But I guess if I brought it to a dealer they probably would hassle me, but I prefer away to stay away from the service "stealership".

Originally posted by antonio7566 View Post
          If I remember the relay works the high beams as well, fix your relay or get one that's in working order from the JY. People on here want DRL light and you want to delete them?
          Your right, the left high beam only works with it not working properly. The right never works. Say if the lights are all off and I flash the high beams, the left high comes on but the right low goes on. When the DRL works both highs work great.

I am just looking to delete the regular DRL and run parking lights and convert the front turn signals to DRL's so they run with the parking lights. Old school look you know what I mean?

I don't really want them, think of it like this. Everyone in Japan, they aren't crazy over JDM shit like we are here. I'm not crazy about DRL here, but a lot of the Amercian's like it. Nothing wrong with it though.
          Current:
          2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
          1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
          1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
            If I unplug the DRL the DRL's will not work but my high beams will not function at all. No lights and no light on dash.

My dad works for Toyota so it's no problem for me. Plus a lot of idiots run around with no lights on in the daytime. I've been running with parking lights for about 2 years on two different CB's with no problems from the police or getting it inspected. But I guess if I brought it to a dealer they probably would hassle me, but I prefer away to stay away from the service "stealership".

Your right, the left high beam only works with it not working properly. The right never works. Say if the lights are all off and I flash the high beams, the left high comes on but the right low goes on. When the DRL works both highs work great.

I am just looking to delete the regular DRL and run parking lights and convert the front turn signals to DRL's so they run with the parking lights. Old school look you know what I mean?

I don't really want them, think of it like this. Everyone in Japan, they aren't crazy over JDM shit like we are here. I'm not crazy about DRL here, but a lot of the Amercian's like it. Nothing wrong with it though.
            A cheap and easy trick to shut you DRL is to engage your e-brake on the first click, simple but it works and your rear brakes should still be loose.

Comment

All I do is pull the 10 amp DRL fuse from the engine bay fuse panel. It shuts off the DRLs, and my high beams still work properly. Did this on both my SE and EX-R.

Your DRL light comes on in the dash, but you can pull the bulb.

Comment

Working...
              X