Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking to buy a camera...??? whats good??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking to buy a camera...??? whats good??

whats a good digetal camera..??? i hear good things about canon rebel..xti...
    .....so please help...need exact model #'s...also wherea good place get one...best buy...curcuit city???

Originally posted by deevergote
    Yay. You're an asshole.

ItT depends on what you plan to do with the camera. Anyone can give you the name of an expensive camera but if you only use only some functions and not all your basically wasting money. So what do you plan to do? Rebel Xt and such are good cameras. Shit most DSLR is good lol.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

How about prices too?

I just want soemthing that can take good shots. I mean i can do computer work later. It doesnt need to be a super-dooper, 10mp cam. Ive seen some decent canon's (a5/a6-?) for like $150-$200. Most places also have "open box" products. Slightly used but not broken. Theyre usually gift returns. Usually up to half off

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

EOS Digital Rebel XTi Black 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera (with 18-55 mm Lens)
        .....for about 650???

Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

there are many good deals on line. do some searching. from what i can recomend is to check out adorama.com Its a ledgit place with great prices. Anyone else with significantly lower prices then them i would stay away from. they also have a hassle free return policy. check them out. If you want a dslr most canon users will tell you to get a canon. im a Nikon user so that what ill recomend. you cant go wrong with either, both are great.
          The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
          Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
          Check out my JDM F22B swap
          Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Thats not bad I think. If you are looking into canon cameras photography-on-the-net.com should provide you with some good information. I think thats the site if not just google it and click the forums part.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Dunno... but for the price I've been reading the Nikon D40 is a really good camera.

Online I usually see it for about 530. Not bad for a dslr.
              Click for my ride thread.

Comment

....great info you guys....i saw good deals on dell.com

Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

i would go with a Canon Rebel XT, or a Nikon D40. The D40 was apparently voted the best beginner DSLR around.

JDMRIDES.ca

Comment

I have a fuji film s7000 when i bought mine the canon digital rebel had just come out i really wanted the canon but it came down to cost. The s7000 is a great camera i am not a pro by no means and it is very forgiveing it's user platforms and it take great shots, I also can use more than one media(ie xd cf drive).
                    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

olympus evolt e500 cant wait till i have money for one

Comment

How is your search coming along? If you decide to get a nice D-SLR keep in mind that the D40 is a great beginners SLR but it does not accept all the nikon lenses. to be more specific, the D40 will give you autofucus only on the lenses that have an internal motor that lets them focus, otherwise you will be stuck focusing manually. something to keep in mind. Also please read the manual and use your camera to its fullest potential. It kills me to see people drop a thousand bux on decent cameras and shoot only in Auto mode. let us know what you end up getting.
                        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                        Check out my JDM F22B swap
                        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

......so far i leaning towards the rebel xti....the rebel xt is being discontinue..so the price is lowered...but i want to keep up with 10 mega pixels, bigger screen...bla bla blah.......but still shopping around...reading up on all models though...

Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

How much is that?

Compare it with the nikon d40x maybe?

I don't know much about canon's, or nikons for that matter. But I've read some really good thinks about the nikon d40. So just keep your mind open, but I'm sure you've already looked into this camera.

Any new DSLR is a good thing.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

What's your budget?

For that class, I would say that the Rebel XTi owns all..If you want to spend a bit more money, get the 40D And if you feel like spending a LOT of money, get Nikon D300

D40x Vs. Rebel XTi, I'd definitely go with the XTi...Just my .02 tho

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Working...
                              X