Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

putting pulleys to rest...well maybe not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

putting pulleys to rest...well maybe not?

guys i know this has been debated for what seems like to be the begining of time. now everyone argues that the lightened pulleys are bad for engines and others say theirs are fine. but i think people are not getting the friggin point. i found an article on overboost.com site that nicely explains it with pics. anywho both parties arguing make correct points. im the guy in the middle thats gonna bridge the gap well unless you just stubborn, stupid, or just plain whining bit*hes! .

so basically put crank pulleys dont balance our engines(they are internally balanced), but they do absorb or dampen torsional vibrations from crank flex caused by the cylinders firing.

overboost link on subject.
    http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1283

Nice Post That puts an end to me and my brothers last argument when he put underdrive pulleys on his DA Integra.

Comment

cool

hold on to your butts

Comment

hahahah that is the most flawed, unreliable, riduculous experiment ever done.......did u notice how they didn't do any tests with the crank IN THE ENGINE. it is when the crank is in the engine that the virbrations dwindle to near nill....with the crank out of the engine the crank is exposed to vibrations........ughhhhhh disregard OVERBOOSTS experiment
        My members ride thread

Comment

if you thought i was trying to say pulleys are bad your wrong. just trying to give some insight on the issue. i personally have a set of UR pulleys on my car. i definately noticed a difference after putting them on. i got my black set on ebay for 125 new. crank-alt-and power-steering. i lucked out i guess. i personally wouldnt reccommend using cheap ones that are made. id trust UR, maybe it just me.

regards tomd

Comment

i have a odessey battery, so i need my alternator to spin as fast as it can to charge that little sucker up...
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hehe yea i need it to run as fast as it can too. the lights dim a lil bit at idle o well i guess it's an excuse to get a H/O one
              My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
              X