ENG: Replacing Slave Cylinder

Tools:

9mm (or 8mm) wrench
    10mm wrench
    12mm socket
    ratchet
    couple of rags
    DOT 3 brake fluid

This isn’t hard to do at all but again, do it at your own risk…if you manage to blow up your car while doing this it is not my fault…so now, on to the DIY

1. Disconnect the battery.

2. Disconnect the hardline going to the slave cylinder…some clutch fluid will leak out, just wipe it up with the rags.

3. Remove the 2 bolts (underneath the slave cylinder) that hold the slave cylinder to the tranny and it should fall right off.

4. Installation is reverse of removal making sure the slave cylinder sits in the indentation of the clutch release fork.

*NOTE*
    When you buy a new slave cylinder it will not come assembled and it will be in 3 pieces (slave cylinder, rod and rubber boot) just assemble it so that it looks exactly like the slave cylinder you just removed.

Now you have to bleed the clutch to remove any air that has entered the system. For this, you need a second person to work the clutch pedal while you’re opening and closing the nipple…he he, I said nipple…located to the right of the hardline on the slave cylinder. Make sure theres plenty of brake fluid in the clutch reservoir before beginning this process.

5. Loosen the nipple and have your partner press down on the clutch and hold it down. Tighten the nipple and have your partner let go of the clutch pedal. Repeat this process until a stream of clutch fluid with no air bubbles squirting out of the nipple and your clutch pedal feels firm. Keep going back to the clutch reservoir during the bleeding to make sure there is enough brake fluid in there (you don’t want to indivertibly suck up more air by running out of brake fluid and have to repeat this process). Once only brake fluid squirts out of the nipple, tighten it, fill the reservoir up to the “fill” line, close it and your good to go. Now tap your assistant on the butt (if she’s hot) and go out for a spin

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

i highly suggest using a flare-nut wrench on any fluid fittings. there is a higher possibility of rounding out the fittings when you use the a normal wrench (like the one pictured). get one if you don't have one. remember some fitting are about 15 years old and getting it loose is not that easy anymore!

great write-up ramiro! i hope the car is running well now .
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

how did the slave cylinder go bad? how did u know it was it?
      92 accord dx....traded
      97 accord ex....traded
      93 civic si ....stolen
      96 tercel ....sold
      97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
      97 civic 4door b16 sold
      04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

i had someone step on the clutch and i saw fluid leaking out of it

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

LOL that is a pretty good way of know that it is bad

Good write up

Comment

Nice, I'm glad I found this. I'm about to replace mine this week