Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

battery relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery relocation

scenario: 92 accord Ex-R coupe has 93 JDM h22a w/LSD tranny

this car wants a cold air very badly because its crappy little short ram sucks ass.

owner cant see a way of putting the cold air in without moving the battery out of the engine bay because the hole down from the stock airbox (the one that you make bigger and stick the CAI thru) is right under the battery

owner is positive that he has seen a few h22 cb7's with CAI's with battery in stock location, which confuses him.

owner doesnt wanna spend madd$$$$ for 2 or 0 gague wire to relocate battery

anyone got any ideas?
    MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
    i pulled over and looked under the hood.
    the engine was still there...
    ...silly light!

i say make ur own bloody hole

like the dryer shit we were talkin bout

Comment

If i were u id take the old filter box off and use a dremel to widen out the hole. Then take the cold air intake and install it and you should have no problems I dont mess with intakes unless they are two pieced not one pieced where you have to relocat the battery in the trunk. Its too much work for me IMO.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions, i think ima maguyver something along the lines of moving the battery a little to the drivers side ill let y'all know how it turns out.

BTW things to be installed today:
        -JASMA approved header/downpipe (anyone know where i can check if it was made by HKS or Mugen? i have the part #)
        -Tom Motorsports CAI with K&N filter
        -ingall's camber kit
        -punched out spare cat (for race purposes only)
        MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
        i pulled over and looked under the hood.
        the engine was still there...
        ...silly light!

Comment

See the link in my sig. They fit just fine.......

Comment

I have a 3 inch lude short ram so removing the battery was a must. But i have seen plenty of cb7s with lude cai with battery in the front.

Comment

It doesn't cost mad money for wiring to relocate the battery. Go to your nearest welding supply shop and pick up 6 gauge stranded wiring. It's the right kind of wiring; it's VERY VERY VERY easy to manipulate, the insulation is intended to be exposed to the elements and it only cost me $35 for the amount I needed to relocate it to the trunk. It helps with shifting some weight to your back end and it makes it easier to change your headlight bulbs and anything else you may be working on in that area.

Comment

is the owner you?
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

I relocated my battery a few weeks ago to make room for my turbochargers intake system. I spend $50 for a summit battery relocation kit. Came with the battery box, hardware, about 25feet of 2guage power wire, and 3 feet of ground wire. I bought a car stereo power cable juction block, ran the new hot wire from my trunk to that, and connected the old hots to it also. I put my engine ground wire to the fenderwall. On the battery side in the trunk, i just grounded it to the framerail in the trunk. As for running the power wire, i fed it down the passanger side under the carpet/plastic. Going through the firewall was easy. Removed a plastic plug, drilled a hole in it, and installed a supplied gromet in the hole. Popped back in the plug, lubed up the power wire, and slid it through. If anyone wants pics i have them too.
                  12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                  11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                  F22a1
                  60-1 td06h turbo
                  Darton mid sleeves
                  85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                  Crower pro billet rods
                  Custom ported head.
                  KMS valves
                  F23 headgasket
                  ARP H23 headstuds
                  H23 upper intake manifold
                  F22a6 lower intake manifold
                  Intake manifold is gutted
                  AEM EMS 1040u
                  FIC 850cc injectors
                  Walbro 255 pump
                  H23 manual trans
                  Prelude shifter assembly
                  Forbidden short throw
                  Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Originally posted by blamethepunx
                    BTW things to be installed today:
                    -JASMA approved header/downpipe (anyone know where i can check if it was made by HKS or Mugen? i have the part #)
                    If it where Mugen, HKS, JUN, etc. it would have a badge welded to one of the primaries stating the brand. Just because it has a Jasma cert doesn't mean it's a High dollar header. Jasma is just the Japanesse equivilent of CARB here in the US.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

sorry i only seen the first post.

i did this on my teg.. its really easy.. just get sum heavy power wire.. i use house powerwire(it was free) got a battery ground wire from autozone...

ran the powerwire from the front to the back zip tied it to the underbody of the car.. the ground wire just bolted anywhere to the frame...
                      86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

Originally posted by fast93accord
                        I relocated my battery a few weeks ago to make room for my turbochargers intake system. I spend $50 for a summit battery relocation kit. Came with the battery box, hardware, about 25feet of 2guage power wire, and 3 feet of ground wire. I bought a car stereo power cable juction block, ran the new hot wire from my trunk to that, and connected the old hots to it also. I put my engine ground wire to the fenderwall. On the battery side in the trunk, i just grounded it to the framerail in the trunk. As for running the power wire, i fed it down the passanger side under the carpet/plastic. Going through the firewall was easy. Removed a plastic plug, drilled a hole in it, and installed a supplied gromet in the hole. Popped back in the plug, lubed up the power wire, and slid it through. If anyone wants pics i have them too.
                        Can you post those pics? My main concern is holding the battery in the trunk securly. Self-tapping screws alone aren't good enough. If you got into an accident with your battery held down by those, I'm sure they would break and go flying into the cabin.

Comment

you shouldn't hafta relocate your battery. at least i didn't anyways. just take out the resonator box and widen the hole and push the cai tube through check my members page to see for yourself.
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                            I have a 3 inch lude short ram so removing the battery was a must. But i have seen plenty of cb7s with lude cai with battery in the front.
                            you can leave the battery where it is with the 3" as well....i've done it 3 times to 3 different cars......you can simply move the battery over some and it fits fine

i've even made the huge h22a type-s intake fit......won't fit on cars with abs though
                            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Working...
                            X