Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Apexi WS2 compared to RSR Ex Mag Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apexi WS2 compared to RSR Ex Mag Exhaust

Since I was getting an Apexi WS2 exhaust, I decided to take a couple comparison pics of the two before I shipped my RSR off to the lucky new owner.

RSR is just slightly longer, maybe .75"

RSR is wider, but Apexi WS2 is taller

Resonators are about the same size

RSR is longer because of it being a 2 piece design vs. the 3 piece design of the Apexi WS2

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

good post!

Comment

And here's how each comes in the packaging:

Apexi WS2

The way it comes outta the box

Gaskets & hardware and sticker

Taken out of plastic wrap. SHINY!

SO SHINY!

Inside Muffler

Rest of exhaust is coated their fancy "titanium particle coating" eh its alright, I think it prevents rust/corrosion

Mid pipe

Front pipe

Resonator

RSR Ex Mag

^^Box, HUGE, like 6 ft long

^^well packaged

Even the tip has its own "sock" to protect it haha

^^Gaskets and stickers!

Midpipe

^^^Legit, the real deal

Muffler section

^^^Almost 20 inches long!!

^^^this tip is like a pure mirror finish, polished to perfection

well braced too

^^view inside the muffler, straight through

^^even the flanges are polished! talk about craftsmanship

^^precision welds, I think Tig?

^^another RS*R insignia on the midpipe

Gaskets and hardware

member's ride thread
      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

im soo jealous!!! i want either one of those. why did you switch to the apexi?
        RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
          im soo jealous!!! i want either one of those. why did you switch to the apexi?
          I sold the RSR for a bit more than I bought it for...(enough to afford the Apexi WS2 + stuff) I'll put it that way

But things I noticed right off the bat, the Apexi is a lot quieter than the RSR, in all RPMs

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            I sold the RSR for a bit more than I bought it for...(enough to afford the Apexi WS2 + stuff) I'll put it that way

But things I noticed right off the bat, the Apexi is a lot quieter than the RSR, in all RPMs
            quieter i imagine they would be louder. i have heard some pretty loud rsr and louder apexi. but i guess it differs from others engine set up's. nice buy!!!
            RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

should have kept the rs*r, loud and rs*r should not be in the same sentence..... u must be talking about the ebay knockoffs. srs
              Last edited by babiface082392; 05-26-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
                quieter i imagine they would be louder. i have heard some pretty loud rsr and louder apexi. but i guess it differs from others engine set up's. nice buy!!!
                I'll be taking a video of it sometime this weekend

Originally posted by babiface082392 View Post
                should have kept the rs*r, loud and rs*r should not be in the same sentence..... u must be talking about the ebay knockoffs. srs
                Since I've personally experienced them both, Yes, the RSR is louder and no it wasn't a knockoff, didn't you see all the pictures I posted?

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I must ask what was your set up? Headers, intake, etc. I'm thinking about getting the RSR, I honestly like the loudness since I grew up with it. But how much did the RSR cost you, if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Peezdoutgelo View Post
                    I must ask what was your set up? Headers, intake, etc. I'm thinking about getting the RSR, I honestly like the loudness since I grew up with it. But how much did the RSR cost you, if you don't mind me asking.
                    You won't be able to find an RSR anywhere, it cost me 360 but they're a LOT more valueable than that, I got a smokin' deal on it though when the guy was doing a closeout; they were selling for 600+shipping back when they were still in production, but are now probably closer to 1000 if in really good shape like mine was. But even finding one is pretty much impossible now since RSR doesn't exist anymore

I had a Greddy 421 SS header w/ a collector mod to 2.5", high flow 2.5" cat, Skunk2 IM, AEM 3" CAI

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Ah man I feel bad about denting mine by being so low.

Comment

I wanted an RSR back in the day, a member over in Indiana was suppose to sell me one but he never got back to me about taking it off his car. I ended up getting my new WS2 for 500 bucks from a company who is now gone. Either way i ended up with one of the two best exhausts for our car.

Comment

Working...
                        X