Automatics unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatics unite

All those who dare talk about their automatics and their upgrades i want you in this thread. Any questions concerning problems, all the way to performance upgrades that are needed to hang with the best. I urge you to show your car off and bring all technical questions here, for others to be able and find a answer they just may need.

Please feel free to post your motor and tranny setup with your ecu and tcu setup as well.

The only stupid questions are the ones never asked.
    Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM.
    "Self Renewed"

I'm automatic. Only real question at this point is, is there any easy way to check the fluid level?
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

I've had my fair share of auto setups, probably the best one i had was my mildly modded f22a6 swap in my 90 coupe.

Comment

yes........

Always check the fluid with the car running. It's dip stick is located right on the front near the downpipe and fan on the passenger side.. with the car idleing check and add fluid if needed.
        Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-01-2008, 09:20 PM.
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

auto and no problems so far tranny wise. not bad for a 18 yr old car. I cant wait until 2010 so I can put a 20 yr anniv banner on both windshields. Gonna piss alot of people off they cant hold a car for as long. Then it will OFICIALLY be a classic. Cant wait

Comment

I guess I should have rephrased that question. I know how to check it, but anytime I needed to something always came up, and I had to have my dad do it for me. But I finally can do it myself and just wasn't sure where the dipstick is. I was always under the impression that it is physically hard to get to.
            Originally posted by 92dm
            I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
            VOUCHES
            Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

nope it's easy reach and pull right in fron of u where i mentioned.

here are a list of some trannies i know of that should work.

MPXA - auto (any chassis/model)

MP1A - JDM Prelude H22 Auto LSD
              MP0A - JDM Prelude H22 Auto Non-LSD

I also recomend no matter what motor or tranny you have to get the p19 tcu from the prelude h22 austomatic transmission
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Im AT too. Yay! Aforum i finally feel excepted in!

The only real probs ive had with mine is the typical "hard shift". theres like a 1.7 second interval shifting it into D, but i imagine if i really tossed in some tranny lube and had it really "tuned up" it would transfer better. Otherwise, no problesm

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by alifeva
                  auto and no problems so far tranny wise. not bad for a 18 yr old car. I cant wait until 2010 so I can put a 20 yr anniv banner on both windshields. Gonna piss alot of people off they cant hold a car for as long. Then it will OFICIALLY be a classic. Cant wait
                  woot same here 1990 accord , can't wait for the 20 year banner sticker
                  But the cb7 with a new heart and leg, h22 automatic swaped and boost

the auto is more zippy if u drive in D3 in city then D4, D4 is best at highway crusing speed even through my h22 auto in D3 top out at 118+-2mph
                  Last edited by blazen_accord; 01-31-2008, 09:14 PM.
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

love my auto. only problem i have is that shes burning oil.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                      woot same here 1990 accord , can't wait for the 20 year banner sticker
                      But the cb7 with a new heart and leg, h22 automatic swaped and boost

the auto is more zippy if u drive in D3 in city then D4, D4 is best at highway crusing speed even through my h22 auto in D3 top out at 118+-2mph
                      my d3 didn't even max out at 126,, although my setup is different from yours,
                      I dunno about ya'll but for some reason when i have my sport mode on after i'm cruising in d4 she shifts to something else and the rpm's drop even lower... what happens i am not sure, she runs smooth but it's like it has d4 then overdrive.... maybe it's my tcu..
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Mine's a 91 EX auto and just a few months from surgery with her F20A (38k) heart. The first noticable change I felt after the replacement was that the car shakes when you hit the gas a bit, but when you floor it, there's no shaking. I had the motor mounts checked and they said it was fine, in fact the front one is not even a year old. Anyone?

Comment

i personally own an MP1A... it's not LSD...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                          My Ride thread
                          Flickr
                          Originally posted by d112crzy
                          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                          All I gotta really say is:
                          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Auto. Jdm h22a with lsd auto trans...
                            Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                              nope it's easy reach and pull right in fron of u where i mentioned.

here are a list of some trannies i know of that should work.

MPXA - auto (any chassis/model)

MP1A - JDM Prelude H22 Auto LSD
                              MP0A - JDM Prelude H22 Auto Non-LSD

I also recomend no matter what motor or tranny you have to get the p19 tcu from the prelude h22 austomatic transmission

im auto. people down here sleep on autos man. i just took on an RSX the other night and we stayed neck&neck til 3rd gear when i had to slow down. and that was from a stop too.

why use the p19 TCU out of the h22 prelude? better shift points? better cruise RPMs?

i just swapped an A6 into my '90 lx. i had a upper plenum from a a6 IM from a junk yard up in MD and a TB laying around. plus i got a 5spd and a a1 upper plenum. the 2 TBs im getting bored out and the upper plenums port matched, ported and polished.

i plan on pushing around 150-160hp to the crank and at least like 130-140whp. but thats before the laughing gas

Comment

Working...
                              X