Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Everyone Handling Our Current State of Affairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still here and still employed.

My new temporary job in security is not easy. Last week a connecting building was burglarized, a stolen car dropped off in the basement and another car from one of the residents stolen. Basically the thief traded in stolen cars then robbed the place. My building was secure however they gained access through the unsecure connecting building and broke a door. That was quite the ordeal. I found and confronted the individual however with the limitations of my position legally I had to watch as he ran away.

Another individual attempted to kick some sliding doors in.

Other small instances. All in one week.

I don't like my new job. It's f-ing dangerous and stressful. I just hope I don't end up trading a job for my life. Not digging it. Whoever does my job needs to be armed. But that has inherent consequences and I don't want that either.

Until then. I run away as I'm calling the law I guess. Man, this job sucks.

Oh, and my point is people are going stir crazy and certain crimes are being committed more than before. At least in my area. And that I've became good friends with 3 or 4 homeless people that frequently sleep in a walkway 25' from where I sit most of the time. They have proven to be a valuable asset just by being present. I love my homeless guys.

Comment

Man everyone stay safe out there. And at Cyborg..when they have nothing to do, that'll happen.

At least with this down time I can finally tackle some things with my car.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

As I work in Law Enforcement, I am essential, and I cannot perform my job from home, so I have been at work everyday.

We might go to 12 hour shifts if people start getting sick and staying home.

Wifey is a blogger and stay at home mom, so she is home with kiddos. Oldest has distance learning, so thankfully she can help her with that.

Cabin fever is legit. We usually had birthdays or road trips planned every weekend. Its weird to just be sitting at home every weekend.

Plus side is that I am going to be able to use the time to do some major projects around the house.

Hope everyone is well!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I’m expecting to see some named Covid.
          I saw another the other day that said:

New births for November 2020:

Corona and Kwarentine...
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Here in S.FL everyone I know is still working. you go out during rush hour and the roads are still packed. you hit the stores and they are still full. the only differences are the large corporate companies setting odd distance requirements. or the restaurants not letting you eat inside. thats it. I still work regular hours too. and I work for a preppy art place. nothing essential.

but I will say this. I see a lot more people all of a sudden going for jogs or walks. the sidewalks are packed. people who before the quarantine were always indoor people to begin with. not sure why everyone all of a sudden wants to be outside an outdoors person, when you werent before.
            Last edited by Night Wolf; 04-03-2020, 05:22 PM.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
              but I will say this. I see a lot more people all of a sudden going for jogs or walks. the sidewalks are packed. people who before the quarantine were always indoor people to begin with. not sure why everyone all of a sudden wants to be outside an outdoors person, when you werent before.
              I'm glad the local economies of the Sunshine State are still operating for the most part.

I am experiencing the observation above as well out here in Cali, even in myself. I believe that when your routines, expectations, and systems are altered in any significant way, you tend to seek places of refuge, escape, or peace. In the places, like Cali, where "shelter in place" is state mandated, I and people I talk to in the area are realizing how nice it is to be outside in early Spring. Being inside and working from home all day sucks, and going outside for a walk or jog feels like release in a way I have never experienced before, most likely because I have never been inside a single building for such long periods before unless I am super sick. Going beyond just the idea of having taken it for granted, I believe a walk or jog or even just time outside really does provide the brain a much needed break from the screens.
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I’m working from home. I hate it. I get dressed only on days when I have to have a video conference.

But going outside isn’t forbidden or frowned upon. I’m fact, I’ve seen more walkers (with and without dogs) than ever in my neighborhood! I miss going out to eat. My wife and I just polished off our homemade pizza instead of our usual Friday order from Vinni’s. I brought in the last of the stockpiled beer from the garage.

This sucks... but I’m doing my part and staying away from anyone else. It’s not too hard for an introvert.
                I sneer are those that are being irresponsible. I got into an e-argument with a friend today that posted a Facebook rant about this being wholly overblown.
                My wife works in a medical facility that has so far been virus-free. But now her company is going to be shipping infected people to her facility. She came home in tears today. Needless to say, chances are good that she and I wil both feet it.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  Man everyone stay safe out there. And at Cyborg..when they have nothing to do, that'll happen.

At least with this down time I can finally tackle some things with my car.
                  You still in working at that place I last saw you? I am off for a little from my day job until this calms down. I have a retail store now in my town. But my store is "essential" so I can open. If you are in the are let me know

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I’m working from home. I hate it. I get dressed only on days when I have to have a video conference.
                    Are you sitting at a desk or something for these calls, so the bottom half of you is hidden? You should drape a pair of pants and socks over something in the background. Even if you are fully clothed.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                      I saw another the other day that said:

New births for November 2020:

Corona and Kwarentine...
                      It has happened. Wasn’t expecting it to happen in India first, though!

https://www.indiatoday.in/trending-n...-04-03?sr=fbia

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      Are you sitting at a desk or something for these calls, so the bottom half of you is hidden? You should drape a pair of pants and socks over something in the background. Even if you are fully clothed.
                      I should!
                      I’m using this garbage eBay usb camera that is already zoomed in, so my face fills the entire screen.
                      I actually dress like I’m going into the office when in a video call. Dealing with the big boss and outside consultants.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        I'm still here and still employed.

My new temporary job in security is not easy. Last week a connecting building was burglarized, a stolen car dropped off in the basement and another car from one of the residents stolen. Basically the thief traded in stolen cars then robbed the place. My building was secure however they gained access through the unsecure connecting building and broke a door. That was quite the ordeal. I found and confronted the individual however with the limitations of my position legally I had to watch as he ran away.

Another individual attempted to kick some sliding doors in.

Other small instances. All in one week.

I don't like my new job. It's f-ing dangerous and stressful. I just hope I don't end up trading a job for my life. Not digging it. Whoever does my job needs to be armed. But that has inherent consequences and I don't want that either.

Until then. I run away as I'm calling the law I guess. Man, this job sucks.

Oh, and my point is people are going stir crazy and certain crimes are being committed more than before. At least in my area. And that I've became good friends with 3 or 4 homeless people that frequently sleep in a walkway 25' from where I sit most of the time. They have proven to be a valuable asset just by being present. I love my homeless guys.
                        That is crazy! I would surely continue to build a relationship with them. Especially if they are kinda like your look outs.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

My wife and I actually just started a fresh meal delivery service called "Ding Dong Dish" since we set the food down, ring the doorbell, and walk away for a no-contact delivery. To keep it simple, it's a pre-order, one set meal per day system. She's a chef that happened to be looking for a job before all this bullshit happened, and working in TV, I'm about as non-essential as they come.

This is our first week and it's going like crazy. we had 5 deliveries and 14 meals today, 40 meals total this week. Dudes, I'm so excited. We are (illegally) working out of our tiny apartment kitchen right now, but we are already looking for a commercial kitchen and researching everything we need to go legit.

Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-09-2020, 12:53 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                            My wife and I actually just started a fresh meal delivery service called "Ding Dong Dish" since we set the food down, ring the doorbell, and walk away for a no-contact delivery. To keep it simple, it's a pre-order, one set meal per day system. She's a chef that happened to be looking for a job before all this bullshit happened, and working in TV, I'm about as non-essential as they come.

This is our first week and it's going like crazy. we had 5 deliveries and 14 meals today, 40 meals total this week. Dudes, I'm so excited. We are (illegally) working out of our tiny apartment kitchen right now, but we are already looking for a commercial kitchen and researching everything we need to go legit.

That's awesome! Here in college town Iowa similar services are huge. That's truly inspirational as my wife and I are thinking about perusing a business venture ourselves. We are in the prospecting period of starting a commercial cleaning company. Fortunately my cousin runs and operates a very successful cleaning company in Nixa/Ozark and has for 20 years. So that's a big help with logistics.

That's really cool and I hope you guys are super successful. Sounds like you are already WELL on your way.

Comment

Man that is awesome!!! I wish you and the wife the best! But remember, as this small business ramps up, start working on a backup plan; keep applying for full time jobs in your career path (if possible).

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post

That's awesome. I'm working on something similar, but with farms and local vendors.

How are you collecting orders? Do you have a site?
                                14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                                X