Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Everyone Handling Our Current State of Affairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are multiple exceptions in Ohio: work at "essential" businesses, going to the grocery, gas stations, church services (if they are still having them), helping others. The cops apparently can give you a ticket if you don't have a legitimate excuse, but I think they are also practicing "social distancing" and minimizing interaction.

I've still got a son and daughter in college in FL (about 3/4 of the students left when given the chance - school switched to on line classes); they didn't close because they have quite a few foreign students who couldn't return home. Assuming the school manages to stay open until the end of the semester in May, we'll see how difficult it is for them to get home.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      There are multiple exceptions in Ohio: work at "essential" businesses, going to the grocery, gas stations, church services (if they are still having them), helping others. The cops apparently can give you a ticket if you don't have a legitimate excuse, but I think they are also practicing "social distancing" and minimizing interaction.
      Those restrictions are similar, but more lenient, than those in California right now. All church services are cancelled due to group size restrictions. I feel the same about the police out here as well. I go on walks often to avoid going crazy and I just don't see them breaking up large groups and enforcing social distancing measures. But, then again, that seems difficult to enforce.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I know it's tight/hard for some, especially in California. I keep in touch with all my friends there; the ones barely making $20/hour all the way to the ones raking in, well, let's just say it's a pretty hefty sum of cash. Some are worried about their jobs while others have had to file unemployment claims in the last few weeks.

I'm blessed to have a residual income from book sales keeping 100% of the proceeds - you know, that Nipsey Hustle/Master P/Independent type of ownership. I've released the eBook/digital copy, so now... And, the sequel will be dropping sometime in the not so far future. I’ve learned a lot form the first one, and the second is going to be that much better. I'm planning to structure a workforce for my business with everything I have going on. I'll have a bunch of positions to hire people.

I used to want to shine for this company or that manager, and then I realized, I was blessed and given gifts by God to become much more. I finally got to see why I had hiccups in so many large companies. It's due to politics where people see you can outshine them.

Time to be an economic engine. Well, that's if what the Lord has planned for me.

Be blessed, folks.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post

I've still got a son and daughter in college in FL (about 3/4 of the students left when given the chance - school switched to on line classes); they didn't close because they have quite a few foreign students who couldn't return home. Assuming the school manages to stay open until the end of the semester in May, we'll see how difficult it is for them to get home.
          That's pretty similar to Nevada. I think we also have restrictions on groups more than 10 also.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Colorado's order starts in the morning. Similar restrictions, so I dont see why I can't keep going out to my storage unit to work on the CB, or go for solo drives in the mountains if joggers are still allowed in the parks.

Got a 'hall pass' of sorts from work in case I get pulled over going to or from.

Looks like I'm getting back into video gaming soon, though. Been thinking about ordering an RC car to entertain myself as well.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
              Colorado's order starts in the morning. Similar restrictions, so I dont see why I can't keep going out to my storage unit to work on the CB, or go for solo drives in the mountains if joggers are still allowed in the parks.

Got a 'hall pass' of sorts from work in case I get pulled over going to or from.

Looks like I'm getting back into video gaming soon, though. Been thinking about ordering an RC car to entertain myself as well.
              I think the idea is just to enforce personal space. Obviously people need to eat, and at least here, they have encouraged us to do what we want, as long as we maintain social distancing.

I think they closed some of our parks (with like play equipment and stuff), but a lot of the trails and such are still open. Probably nothing wrong with working on your car or going for a drive. I don't see how that puts anyone at risk.

Comment

I work in health care so I'm unaffected. In fact our organization has hired more people since this "crisis" has begun.

We in Montana have had some services shuttered basically the non essentials. 1 week of mainly social distancing with school closures, and now a week of only essentials. Although it looks to be getting stricter as time progresses.

I'm not quite working from home yet as I'm a system administrator in IT. I almost have everyone else working from home and other remote ways of interacting with patients setup. Once this is all finalized, I'm packing up and working from home myself. I basically don't leave my office during the day unless it is mandatory to do so. I have the help desk people doing all of the equipment swapping and shuffling. Sadly though no one in our department wants to work anywhere outside of our little confined area of the building.

Yet another worry is that my wife is 3 months pregnant as well, which makes matters all that much better.

The one worry that I have, is that eventually we will be restricted in travel, meaning no more driving for the joy of it or much of anything else.

Stay safe guys!
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Remember the basics, worry less

The streets aren't very empty right now. It's reassuring, in a way.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Well surely enough New Hampshire followed Massachusetts' plan and put a stay-at-home order in place. I was able to file for unemployment this morning so hopefully that fast tracks itself.

It's the first time I have ever been laid off from a job but the hunt continues for another one. Honestly, never in my life would I ever have imagined this much of crisis to ever occur. It hit me when I went to visit my fiance for dinner tonight at the local Whole Foods she works at, they had a line of people waiting to get in but they spaced them out by 6 feet while trying to limit the number of patrons going in and out of the store.

Yeah we've made jokes about it but I suppose it's the only way to kill the fear of it. The scariest part is the major damage it does your resparitory system especially if you're perfectly healthy..no one is immune.

I'm really hoping this boils over but who knows..only time will tell.

The infuriating part is that they knew how bad this was going to be but acted really slow to try and get ahead of it.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Some reassuring news:

For a variety of reasons, some of which I will share below, the US market indices rose a record percentage on Tuesday. For example, the S&P 500 was up over 11% in one day. This was then followed by another rise nearly half as large the next day. For those with money in the market that did not panic sell, this is good news for sure.

The number of daily case additions to the totals in both Italy and New York state are starting to decrease, or begin to level out.

Original worst-case estimates for death tolls in the UK appear to be a whole order of magnitude off, and the UK is reporting that they have more than enough ICU beds to meet the current and projected demand.
                      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

this craziness has brought me back to see what was going on over here. been more than a little while. miss this place from time to time.

this situation has me out of work and slightly concerned but it is what it is i suppose, and im sure we will mostly come out of this just fine. hope everyone else is doing well.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

I work both in a hospital setting and part time on an ambulance. I’m thankful for my jobs, but damn. Last week, we were having to reuse our surgical masks because there’s a shortage nationwide. The ER is practically empty at night. The OR has cancelled all non-emergent procedures and we don’t allow visitors at the moment. I also go to school and they’ve postponed spring quarter — everything is online. I don’t mind it, but I’m definitely starting to feel dead inside. Haha All I do is work, go home, sleep, and repeat. My balance is way off. Even with work and school, I still managed to be somewhat social before this covid pandemic. As bad as I think my situation is, there are patients who are in real physical pain and can’t be comforted by their loved ones.

I stay optimistic however. We’ll get through this.

Comment

I've heard there are places where doctors/nurses are given one mask to last two weeks or something like that, with instructions to store them in a paper bag with their name and the date the mask was issued. It's a bit gross to think about.

Also:

I don't know if it's a bad thing that my biggest annoyance right now is that I was going to get a haircut this weekend because I'm overdue, but our governor just closed places like barbershops today.
                            Scratch that. My biggest annoyance has become listening to the squeaks of my neighbors' mattresses, and the music they turn up to try and mask it. Fuck living in an apartment.
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-31-2020, 12:05 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I've heard there are places where doctors/nurses are given one mask to last two weeks or something like that, with instructions to store them in a paper bag with their name and the date the mask was issued. It's a bit gross to think about.

Also:

Scratch that. My biggest annoyance has become listening to the squeaks of my neighbors' mattresses, and the music they turn up to try and mask it. Fuck living in an apartment.
                              I saw a meme the other day that said "In 9 months, I better not see a child born named Corona Vyrus!" and I chuckled. It's how the baby boomers happened, sort of.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                I saw a meme the other day that said "In 9 months, I better not see a child born named Corona Vyrus!" and I chuckled. It's how the baby boomers happened, sort of.
                                I’m expecting to see some named Covid.

Comment

Working...
                                X