No announcement yet.

Mayberry : 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And CBRD is coming out with a bigger stock housing turbo. So i'll end up sending mine in to be rebuilt and modified to the new design. You'll be happy with it when you get it though. Some cali guys getting tuned @ GST make huge numbers with my same basic mods and the BBK full with E85. Like 448whp huge on a mustang dyno.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Very nice, Eric. Love the white.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I like this Evo. Clean, simple, and to the point. I think it would be better without the vortex generator though. It doesn't really work without a rear wing.
        Raceline USA

Comment

Really? I think the rear would look too bare without the VG there. Especially with the carbon fiber front lip. I'm also adding rexspeed CF bumper ducts, so I need to get the CF mines trunk lips spoiler and exhuast cutout guard to even it out. The list of stuff i want never ends.lol

Comment

lookin Berry good. glad you got her a nose job, its the one thing I hate about the 8

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I love the evo 9 interior. The red trim is just bonus. I cant wait to get my set of evo 8 seats for my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                I love the evo 9 interior. The red trim is just bonus. I cant wait to get my set of evo 8 seats for my car.
                What color is your car. That should look pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                  What color is your car. That should look pretty sweet.
                  Its rosewood brown with a red interior. Im waiting to swap in a black interior before i swap the seats. Im getting them for free through my brother hopefully.

Comment

It sucks you didn't have a white car with blue interior. You could almost make that work without doing much work. Rosewood brown is a hard color to match.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                      It sucks you didn't have a white car with blue interior. You could almost make that work without doing much work. Rosewood brown is a hard color to match.
                      Now if i could get evo 4 seats lol. Itll look fine with a black interior granted the blue wont match the brown at all. Meh what ever lol they are functional first and fashonable second.

Comment

I have some SERIOUS updates coming soon, but the car will be down for about a month. So lots of pictures

Comment

1-30-10

I blew up my transfer case. So it started with me sending that to Shep Racing. Then I just thought I might as well do the transmission while I was at it. Then I bought an Exedy Twin HD clutch, a full set of Avid Racing motor mounts, ordered a built 2.4 bottom end from MAPerformance with Wiseco 87mm 1400HD pistons, MAP ultimate duty rods, ACL bearings, ARP main bolts, and an OEM 4G64 crank and block. With an OEM oil pump. I also have a new Fluidampr crank pulley to try and cut down on the excess vibrations from the removed balance shafts so the knock sensor doesn't go crazy. It will run on straight 93 octane to keep things simple and be tuned on the stock ECU with ECU controlled boost so I got the upgraded Tactrix boost control solenoid. I also purchased a Greddy TI exhaust. Which 100% titanium and weighs about 12lbs. I actually scored that for $490 shipped.

I'm rebuilding my head with GSC beehive springs, titanium retainers, and stainless steel steel valve seats. MAPerformance L19 head studs, ARP exhaust manifold studs, Power Enterprise 87mm head gasket, and reusing my old school GSC 272 cams. The cams have to be degreed because of the taller deck height of the 4G64 block so I got some Fidanza adjustable cam gears.

I'm also trading my Full-Race pro-stock turbo manifold and CBRD BBK full turbo set up to a fellow member for his AMS turbo kit with a Garret GT3562R turbo, Tial wastegate, AMS manifold, and downpipe. I'm also getting the 4" intake with an upgraded MAF sensor. I also bought a BPi velocity stack to help with spooling, not that I think I'm going to need much help with the added displacement.

I also ordered a new AMS front mount intercooler with the cast end tanks. I purchased a used AMS Lower intercooler pipe. Also got a new ETS upper intercooler pipe with a Tial flange. I also purchased the new Tial QR. Which is Tials just relased recirculating blow off valve.

I also bought a new MAP oil cooler with a Setrab core and Earls AN fittings and stainless steel line, AllStar catch can with AN fittings and SS line. Tapped my valve cover with AN fittings so I can have the catch can connected properly. Scored a lightly used Full-Blown double pumper with twin Walbro 255LPH high pressure fuel pumps and all new -8AN SS lines to up to the fuel rail. Which I'll be using RC 1200CC injectors. I'll be running one fuel pump at low boost, using an open Hobbs switch that will turn the second pump on at 15PSI. Ignition will be taken care of with a SparkTech non-CDI coil on plug ignition and some NGK copper plugs that i own stock in. lol.

I sent my OEM intake manifold and throttle body out to MAP and they're sending the throttle body to MIL.SPEC for some fresh throttle shaft seals and boring it to 65MM. Then they're going to cut my intake manifold in half to port out the runners and the plenum also port matching the throttle body flange to the 65mm MIL.SPEC piece; then weld it back together. They're also going to coat my AMS exhaust manifold with black ceramic coating to keep heat in the engine bay down.

I picked up a few other little things like a new Apexi air filter, Racing Brake slotted two piece front rotors and one piece rears with Ferado DS2500 pads and Motul brake fluid. I also will be using the Motul fluid when I bleed out the clutch because I also got AMS upper and lower SS clutch lines. AMS rear mustache bar delete/rear differential solid aluminum bushings. Buschur solid shifter base and cable bushings. Whiteline bumpsteer kit, AMS solid steering rack mounts, and some Perrin lower control arm bushings.

For the cosmetic stuff I got some new OEM floor mats, Rexspeed carbon fiber bumper ducts, RS rear trunk with a MINES carbon fiber trunk lip spoiler. I might get some Chargespeed carbon fiber rear bumper spats to match my JDM Evo IX rear bumper but I'm not 100% on those yet. Also got some new OEM fender liners as the 18x9 inch Advans destroyed my old ones with my old alignment settings. I'm switching some things up so I don't think that will be an issue anymore.

Plus a bunch of little stuff, like all Sard Silicone vacuum hose, Samco radiator hoses, Redline Water wetter, K&N oil filter, Royal Purple break in oil and engine oil, coolant, all new OEM gaskets, serpentine belt with new idler and tensioner, thermostat, heater hoses, gates racing timing belt, OEM water pump, timing tensioner and idler pulleys and I think that's about it. I'm sure there is some stuff missing. It's late and I can't think all that straight right now.

Everything is paid for and I've already received 90% of the stuff. The only things I don't have in my possession yet are the turbo kit, block, transmission, and transfer case. Like I said, they're already paid for.

Power wise, I'm shooting for 500WHP with 500ftlb of torque. I have seen quite a few 2.3's on the forum with 35R set ups making about the same amount of power. Give or take fifteen or twenty in either direction. It should be a whole lot of fun. When I get it all done, I'm up in the air about the tune but I have a little while to decide on that.I want it tuned for big power without sacrificing safety and driveability.

Anyhow, thanks for reading my novel. I want to send a HUGE public thanks to Chris Burd at MAPerformance.com for hooking me up on everything I have purchased from you guys. All $11,000 worth. The great prices, free shipping and flawless customer service is amazing. -Eric

Comment

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4296544103_99ee81ecef_b.jpg[/IMG

This is my toolbox/garage set up. Not bad for being 23 and owning my first home.

Just to show how anal I am about tool organization. Every other drawer is just as bad.

I won't throw anybodies name out there. But someone decided to do a one at a time ARP head stud install when they replaced the cams. This is what happens when you pay to have work done. Previous owner kind of got shafted on this deal.

This is how to remove the transfer case without removing the transmission first.
                            After unbolting the transfer case and removing the axle shafts put a pry bar into the transmission and push towards the rear of the car, as much as you can so the oil pan swings towards the front of the car. There is enough room to pull the transfer case out the bottom this way. like so.

Then you have to make sure you have a ratchet strap already connected to the radiator support and then connect the other end on the engine/transmission. I did it like this.

As you can see, there is no transfer case in the second picture. But the transmission is there. Because the transfer case is now here...

Thats it for now. When I get the head back from the machine shop and the short block comes in, I'll have a ton of updates. Until then, have fun and stay safe-Eric

Comment

No love?

Comment

Holy god, thats alot of stuff! Wish I could just go out and get all that, lol. Its probably gonna be fun to put that all in! I'm jealous. Anxiously awaiting updates!

By the way, congrats on the house!

Comment

Working...
                                X