Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New User My 92 Accord EX Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackstove31 View Post
    Recently lowered the car on Tein Street Advance, rides GREAT and looks amazing!! Also painted the hood, bumper, and driver side fender because of how oxidized it was. I used Dupli Color Perfect Match spray paint and it turned out awesome for only about $40 of paint. Installed my new Pioneer head unit last week. When I bought the car it came with an aftermarket Dual head unit which was pretty crappy and was blue and didn't match my dash lights, so I bought the Pioneer which I'm much happier with and allows me to change it to multiple different colors, including turquoise, which matches my dash lights perfectly.

Very, very nice! Enlighten me, what was the process for painting the hood/bumper/fender? Seeing that you used the spray paint, did you sand or prime?

Comment

Nice engine bay! I hate to say this, but your car looked better raised up.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Nice engine bay! I hate to say this, but your car looked better raised up.
        I know my sidewalls are big but why do you say that? I had a whole hand worth of wheel gap before lol. But thx for the compliment about the bay!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainyse View Post
          Very, very nice! Enlighten me, what was the process for painting the hood/bumper/fender? Seeing that you used the spray paint, did you sand or prime?
          Thx man, wet sanded with 400 then 600, no primer, a few coats of paint, then clear. I still need.a few more layers of clear, especially on the roof, which I think I forgot to mention I painted too...

Comment

Here's a full side pic of the car as it was a few days ago...forgot to mention I removed all the tint. Back window was a HUGE pain lol.

Here's a good pic of what the front end looked like before I painted it

Comment

Those are the same coilovers I would order. How many inches did you drop it? how does it handle now with them on vs stock?

Comment

The front is lowered a little over 2" and rear is 1.6"...the handling compared to stock is like night and day. Handles like a cat on carpet! Can't wait for the sway bars and strut bars..I really love driving it with the Tein's...definitely worth it.

Comment

Very nice! Do you think 2 inches all around would be perfect? I was thinking 3 inches all around, do you think that is too low? I can't wait to mod mine. Is your steering super light? mine is like a feather...... I think it might be messed up, not sure? I only drove mine so I don't know what other CB7's feel like.

Comment

Car is coming together. I want your interior...

Comment

Clean

Just a reminder to check your tires
                      I heard the tein coilovers didn't go that low, but that looks slammed

Comment

Originally posted by RosewoodCB7 View Post
                        Very nice! Do you think 2 inches all around would be perfect? I was thinking 3 inches all around, do you think that is too low? I can't wait to mod mine. Is your steering super light? mine is like a feather...... I think it might be messed up, not sure? I only drove mine so I don't know what other CB7's feel like.
                        I can tell you that with the height I have mine at, I don't experience any clearance or rubbing issues, and I have 205/65/15 tires in rear, front are 60. The previous owner had bigger tires in rear for some reason and I'm going to ho to a lower sidewall soon...I can't say you wont have issues at 3" though. My steering is light but kind of off because I have a power steering issue lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
                          Car is coming together. I want your interior...
                          Thanks that's my favorite part of the car, and I'm really anal about it lol

Comment

Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple quotes in a single post yet....[QUOTED=DCB7;3263859]Just a reminder to check your tires
                            I heard the tein coilovers didn't go that low, but that looks slammed[/QUOTE]

Lol I was worried it didn't look low enough..yeah I consistently check clearance, pressure, did alignment right away, etc...once I get a smaller sidewall it should sit even lower, so at that point I will have to adjust things accordingly.

Here's a little before and after of the wheel gap...

Before:

After:

And a little something just came in the mail...(not the bow, the plate)

My PowerStop brake kit will be arriving this weekend. I only got it because my front brakes are worn and needed to be replaced soon anyway, so why not?

Comment

Use the green plus sign on the right to multi-quote. If you're wanting to multi-quote three posts, click the green plus on the first two, then "quote" on the third.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                                Use the green plus sign on the right to multi-quote. If you're wanting to multi-quote three posts, click the green plus on the first two, then "quote" on the third.
                                Ah, ok...Thanks man

Comment

Working...
                                X