Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suggestions on good name brand exhausts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on good name brand exhausts?

Whats up? I ride a 93 Accord ex 2dr. Im looking into getting a catback that provides deep tone hum sound and durable quality ( Not no RiceBurner or anything ). I know Magnaflow is good but what about OBX R racing? SRS? Megan Racing? Apexi? etc. Provide your suggestions and experiences.

Car Info: Pretty much under hood OEM stock for now. Im pretty tight on money so something good worth for my money.

Thanks !

Everything you listed is rice burner status unless you get Apexi WS2. I bought mine for 620 + shipping. Sounds incredible, super quite.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

OBX Racing Sports dual DTM tip exhaust muffler, full ExMag RS*R catback or Apexi WS2 if you have a bit more to spend. Apexi also makes silencers for cofee can exhausts.

Comment

what size are you looking for?

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

@Mozza, Honestly Im confused on what I want to get, so im not really sure. I also dont want to just pour a bucket full of money on just an exhaust even though there good brand quality Ex: Apexi. so far ; Possibly a 2.5" to 3 in"

@Wild & domesticated, Thanks for your suggestions !

Comment

With an exhaust you get what you pay for. I held out for over year to build mine so I could save up for the right stuff. I now have the rarest header you can find with one of the top cat backs to match. If you can't afford it wait.
            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Yeah thats true, I can wait and afford to get it. Ill have to keep digging more into my research .

Comment

I went with the A'pexi N1, I love the sound.

Comment

Its not Apexi or nothing and a $600 exhaust system isnt the only way to go.

The quality might be a bit better on the high end exhaust systems but why pay more for your exhaust than most people pay for their car?

If you want/like the look of an Apexi WS2, OBX makes a good knock off. I have it on my 91EX. I bought an OBX WS2 off ebay and bought an ebay catback. $125 for the catback, $60 for the muffler and $50 labor to have the OBX muffler put on the ebay catback and installed on the car.

From what you said your looking for I take it you want a louder exhaust, good sound, not a ricer muffler and not $600. The Apexi WS2 is pretty quiet IMO. The OBX looks just like the Apexi WS2, its a little louder and is ALOT cheaper.

OBX products all have a lifetime warranty

EDIT: Here is my OBX WS2 before i had it installed.

After:
                  Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-05-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I love my greddy SP2... low toned, deep, and relatively quiet.
                    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

OBX and 'Tsudo both make SP2 style mufflers for under $100.

'Tsudo: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tsudo-Univer...9faf90&vxp=mtr

OBX: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-2-5-SP-S...6ece2f&vxp=mtr

EDIT: Say you get a OBX WS2 and its to loud. You dont like it. Go buy a resonator to replace the one that came with the generic catback. Again, you dont have to spend an arm and a leg.

OBX Resonator to go with your OBX muffler: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-18-0-Uni...b0b256&vxp=mtr

My friend has that resonator on his generic catback. It took away alot of the rasp of his fart can muffler and made it significantly quieter.
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

i recommend spin tech, they only make mufflers but my cammed f22 sounded like a beast.

now that is on my friend's ranger and it sound a lot more "racey" than his flow master.

i also put a spintech on my subaru and it sounds super deep, even more deep than most sti's but it resonated so bad that i needed to install another resonator and a quarter wave resonator.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

my vote goes towards magnaflow hands down

why are you going to pay a bit more for a cheap obx muffler where the packing inside is going to burn out in a year or 2 when you can get a good quality magnaflow for cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy47 View Post

why are you going to pay a bit more for a cheap obx muffler where the packing inside is going to burn out in a year or 2 when you can get a good quality magnaflow for cheaper
                            Because.

Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy47 View Post

How do you figure that?

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                              Because.

Id like to have that subi.

Comment

Working...
                              X