cp[mike] : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a really great buy!

Maybe I should fly down and drive back in a rust free cb!
    Originally posted by cb7dazz
    And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    ...for example

Comment

Holy crap, I only just saw your sig and came rushing in here to figure out what happened. What a shitty way to be welcomed to CO, I'm so sorry to hear this! At least you were able to find such a clean replacement. Security first, mods later, I suppose.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

so 5 months later, on 2/26/16 it finally turned up! It was stolen from Denver, and is now currently 11 hours away in an impound lot in Oklahoma City! Unfortunately the car is beat up and too difficult and expensive to go pick up, so I am going to have to sign this off as a total loss. It isn't worth fixing, and the suspension+wheels just aren't worth it to me. Glad to finally know what happened to it though.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Ouch. What a shame. At least you have that little form of closure.

Comment

wow, so they primed it and painted it black. interesting to see random things missing from her

Comment

Quite unfortunate. Sorry for your loss.
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

At the very least you have peace of mind.

I am guessing that only you could pick her up? A member couldn't go and retrieve it?

I guess now the police station would either scrap it or auction it off?

Comment

Wouldn't it be considered a salvage due to theft? Can salvaged vehicles be auctioned off?
                  1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Looks like the engine is still in..... IDK bro there are a lot of good parts on that

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

it is currently unregistered, so I'm pretty sure re-registering it might mark it as a theft recovery? it will cost $300 to get it out, plus 300-500 to actually get there and pick it up, plus 20+ hours of driving. At that point I can just buy a new suspension again brand new. I don't plan on adding another project to my list, so unfortunately it's going to have to stay in OKC and go to the wreckers The engine was completely stock, so it isn't worth much. The transmission was nice, but I don't trust that it hasn't been abused since it was stolen, so driving all the way out there just for a stock motor isn't worth it. I already have a car with a stock motor in it.

Current cars:

Comment

Hard to look at those pictures.

I don't know, a low mileage stock engine is worth something to me. If it was closer, I'd figure out a way to get my hands on it - let's see - how far is OKC from Cincinnati?

I agree that if it could be arranged, it might be worth it if a local member could get their hands on it.

EDIT: Just looked at a map. Oklahoma City isn't too far out of the way coming home from Texas. In the next week or so, I'll have to take my daughter's Element down to Galveston. If I could get a ride from there up to OKC, I could drive it back to Cincinnati.
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 02-28-2016, 10:41 PM.
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                          Agreed, what a shame. Just because it's stolen doesn't mean you have to hack it to death, what a hack

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post

I don't know, a low mileage stock engine is worth something to me. If it was closer, I'd figure out a way to get my hands on it - let's see - how far is OKC from Cincinnati?

I agree that if it could be arranged, it might be worth it if a local member could get their hands on it.

EDIT: Just looked at a map. Oklahoma City isn't too far out of the way coming home from Texas. In the next week or so, I'll have to take my daughter's Element down to Galveston. If I could get a ride from there up to OKC, I could drive it back to Cincinnati.
                            I'll contact the yard and see what can be done in terms of the transfer-of-owner situation. Hopefully it might be as simple as "selling" the car to you and sending you the title with a bill of sale... I will let you know for sure early this week!

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                            X