Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

From a BMW driver: Much Respect to the CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a BMW driver: Much Respect to the CB7

I drive BMWs and have never owned a Honda. However, as a car guy, I had to come onto your board to pay my respects to the amazing CB7 platform. There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not see a CB7 Accord running around on the streets of my town. It really gets my attention when I see so many 20 year-old cars serving as daily drivers.

In fact, I see more CB7s on the road by far than any other early 90s vehicle from any other manufacturer. I tip my hat to Honda for a very impressive car. Keep 'em on the road guys!
    Last edited by Gator325; 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM.

Thanks man! It's always nice to get respect from the owner of another brand

Comment

Well this was the last thing I expected to see on here

Comment

As a BMW driver....that means absolutely nothing to anyone. go away
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Way to be a dick, Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
            As a BMW driver....that means absolutely nothing to anyone. go away
            What's wrong with you?

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

hmm interesting sounds like someone is angry at BMW drivers. There are a lot of nice e46 m3's out there. I can only imagine the maintenance on them definitely amazing luxury cars with a good amount of sport in them ahh the comfort hmm damn I'm getting old.

Comment

tippey just picked up an E46 M3. I haven't seen it in person yet, but it's pretty damn nice.
                I'd love one of each generation M3, personally (though the V8 isn't as appealing to me... to me, it detracts from what the M3 is!)

Most Honda drivers look very favorably on BMWs (Toyota drivers seem to be the same with Mercedes Benz)

Comment

Yes i do like my car lol

It has a 1/1 ratio of exhaust tips per wheels.

Comment

mmmm Lexus isf mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Yes i do like my car lol

It has a 1/1 ratio of exhaust tips per wheels.
                      do you maintain it yourself what's the costs look like? I know it must be a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                        do you maintain it yourself what's the costs look like? I know it must be a grip.
                        Yes i do the maintenance myself

Its not really that expensive.

Most of the common parts are shared with a regular 3 series. It only gets expensive if you want to modify it. Also changing the oil is a bit expensive since it takes 10w-60 oil. Changing the oil is like $100 but whatever. Its synthetic oil and the oil change interval is 7500 miles. I'm cheap so i go the whole way.

It needs front brakes right now, its like $120 for rotors and $140 for a set of pads ( front and rear )

Its really not until you start modifying it or something stupid breaks that you find out how expensive it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator325 View Post
                          I drive BMWs and have never owned a Honda. However, as a car guy, I had to come onto your board to pay my respects to the amazing CB7 platform. There is hardly a day that goes by that I do not see a CB7 Accord running around on the streets of my town. It really gets my attention when I see so many 20 year-old cars serving as daily drivers.

In fact, I see more CB7s on the road by far than any other early 90s vehicle from any other manufacturer. I tip my hat to Honda for a very impressive car. Keep 'em on the road guys!
                          My first car was a CB7, I riced bombed it at one point and blew the engine about 2 times. Second car I owned was a Nissan and sold it the next year. I drive a BMW 2001 325i and I never sold my cb7, About feb this year I decided to fix it up on my spare time... Now all I care about is when I'm hitting the JY to get new(old/replacement) parts to replace ect. ect. But I still love my BMW, People ask me about my old car so much I decided to fix it and I kinda have except for some issues but all is well they are just minor.

Bottom line is, They are just outstanding
                          Last edited by Jcallo; 08-22-2013, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the words!! Its great to hear inspiring words from an owner of a platform many use as a benchmark. Our accords are similar body shapes, so I sometimes look to some 3-series to enjoy their stance and clean body lines.
                            blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Thank You Gator325!!

I read once about someone on here owning a BMW and selling it to go back to their CB7.

Can we punish SoySauceCb7 somehow? Its people like that we don't need on this site. Random stranger gives us all a huge compliment and that comment is the last thing he should see on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X