Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when do the love bugs go away. theyre massing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when do the love bugs go away. theyre massing!

im trying to paint my car, and they keep coming out of nowhere, it seems they like paint, because i showed my mom and she was like wtf, its like a dense cloud of love bugs outside and they keep landing in the spray and i have to wet sand and start over on that whole panel

anyone heard of love bugs massing together before? and when do they die. or how can i kill them for taht matter
    ]

Bwhahahahahaha

They will be here for the duration of summer so get use to them.

They are all over here....

this is an example of why you paint your car in a paint booth.

Comment

It's the time of the season, they are attracted to a hot engine, I know that, and they prob just want to hang out with you, but you just go and kill them instead of serving them some lemonade and cheese and crackers

http://gainesville.about.com/od/arts...p/Lovebugs.htm

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

nah don't resort to killing things. just wait till it's cooler out at night and try then.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
          nah don't resort to killing things. just wait till it's cooler out at night and try then.

painting at night lol no thanks
          ]

Comment

welcome to florida. expect them to not be fully gone till about halloween. it sucks
            1993 CB7
            2001 BB6

Comment

just go rent a spray booth, here in cali i have seen them go for about 60 bucks an hour, this way do won't get much debris in your paint
              Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                im trying to paint my car, and they keep coming out of nowhere, it seems they like paint, because i showed my mom and she was like wtf, its like a dense cloud of love bugs outside and they keep landing in the spray and i have to wet sand and start over on that whole panel

anyone heard of love bugs massing together before? and when do they die. or how can i kill them for taht matter
                I thought someone jacked your paint from your front stoop, and you couldn't get it remixed? Or am I just thinking of another thread?
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX
                  I thought someone jacked your paint from your front stoop, and you couldn't get it remixed? Or am I just thinking of another thread?
                  nope your right.

flat black FTW, i set up a tent around my car
                  ]

Comment

Who wants to bet the next thread will be about ricer getting high on the paint and passing out... coughing up flat black for a week afterwards.

Comment

didnt get high but i definately am:

Originally posted by deevergote
                      coughing up flat black for a week afterwards.
                      fucking sucks im hawking up black lugy's
                      ]

Comment

I hate those little bastards. This was after an hour on 95 last sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Who wants to bet the next thread will be about ricer getting high on the paint and passing out... coughing up flat black for a week afterwards.
                          lol... dam that sux for u guys in florida
                          Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Their splatted corpses will burn your paint too, so be careful to drive when they're not out.

Trouble is, we're under really strict water restrictions because of the drought, so if you get your car plastered and try to wash it off at home, you'll be violating the restrictions....don't know if anyone would do anything to you. a cop might write you a fine.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                            where you been, is something wrong?
                            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                              Their splatted corpses will burn your paint too, so be careful to drive when they're not out.

Trouble is, we're under really strict water restrictions because of the drought, so if you get your car plastered and try to wash it off at home, you'll be violating the restrictions....don't know if anyone would do anything to you. a cop might write you a fine.

i didnt know that lol damn the sprinkelrs turn on all the time...

i wash my car like twice a day lol.
                              ]

Comment

Working...
                              X