No announcement yet.

new swap time, it's about to get real big up in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea bought engine/trans last month and yea everything is being done by myself and smokey9012

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

sounds sweet man update with pics as soon as you stat fitting and cutting stuff up

Comment

So, whats the clearance from the firewall to the radiator?
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          So, whats the clearance from the firewall to the radiator?
          Bump, trying to have a conversation with you here op. Seems like your dodging me.
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Because that's exactly what I am doing , j/k I've been busy at work but if I had the oem accord radiator in their is 36" of space but with the one I'm using I will have 35", and if I have to I will put the radiator in the core support to add space

1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
              ok, so let me make sure im on the same page you are. You are planning on putting a rb25det(rwd) in a 1990-1993 honda accord chassis? and convertering that chassis from front wheel drive to rear wheel drive????
              x2!

man, props for this! but its going to take sooooo much work!! when that guy in HT did his lude RWD im pretty sure he used a old school ford deferential. do you know what your using yet?

H22 cb7:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=133482
              cb9:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187076
              dd cb7:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203058

Comment

yes I've known since I posted so but I am using an s14 rear sub frame assembly

On another note my cb blew a tire anywhere between 70 and 35 miles out of town where I am moving it and currently we are 35 miles out of town at a rest area where we stopped to recheck everything since it's on a dolly and we saw the drivers rear was gone except 2" of the inner and outer sidewall and rim is still untouched so we are sitting here waiting my smokey9012's girl to come bring us a tire off his cb

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                  yes I've known since I posted so but I am using an s14 rear sub frame assembly

On another note my cb blew a tire anywhere between 70 and 35 miles out of town where I am moving it and currently we are 35 miles out of town at a rest area where we stopped to recheck everything since it's on a dolly and we saw the drivers rear was gone except 2" of the inner and outer sidewall and rim is still untouched so we are sitting here waiting my smokey9012's girl to come bring us a tire off his cb
                  Update?

Comment

no not yet, I dont have the rear assembly yet, and I am not on my off days right now, I will be friday-next thursday, I'll upload some photos tonight
                    Last edited by almostJDM; 05-02-2011, 03:30 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                    My FS Thread

Comment

hella sweet

Comment

Dude that tire story was nuts lol. CB wheels FTW haha.

Pics plz I want to see some major work done. DO WORK SON!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Goodluck dude! If you complete this swap, you'll be a idol to me. Haha

Comment

Any progress?

Comment

no, I wasn't able to head down had some other things to do, but I did buy a welder, plasma cutter and air compressor

next weekend I will dig heavily into this thing I hope

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread

Comment

Ok I sent you a pm before seeing this thread....but ill put this in here as well

Look into mx83 chassis cressidas for a donor car....I went over the reasons via pm and Im too lazy to type them again here lol

Also...do you have the engine yet?.....1JZ is fairly cheap....can get the whole swap for 2000ish.....or if you piece it together like I did you can get it even cheaper....I got a r154 and 1jz with engine harness for 1600 bucks by piecing it together....that includes brand new OEM PP and clutch.....if you go w58 could be even cheaper

I may be biased a bit though haha.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Working...
                                X