No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the Best Junkyard Hunts This Year!

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
    Good luck! It is true though, Tein suspension does cost quite a bit.
    thanks! my friend who drives a 6G accord coupe is planning on doing FFs as well next year, so i might probably buy them with him when it comes time

I have new pics!!! I recently went to the junkyards, and if you didn't already know, my JYs are kinda wack. The stuff you'd probably find uncommon in your JYs are rare for me, and the rare stuff in your yards are practically non-existent! But, a couple days ago was one of my best JY runs in a long time, and I was able to get quite a few good items and some trim pieces that I needed

Black Leather DA Integra Headrests - Near Mint!

Spare Console Trim - NOT BROKEN!!!

^planning on TypeG'ing it and polishing it up to a high gloss shine

Coupe Side Mirrors - BLACK!!!

5G Accord OEM Floormats - Complete set, metal badges still there!!

^Gonna clean these up, bleach them, and dye them black, then polish up the badges to get that metallic shine

OEM Honda Cassette Stereo - Complete with mounting bracket and Single-Din Pocket!!!

OEM 9293 Amber Reflectors - OEM!!!

Domelight Lens - Just for kicks!!

^gonna polish it up, drill a hole in the middle and string a disco ball through it, just for fun hahaha

Also, some stuff just came in the mail recently

Tommi's coupe window regulators and OEM wheel locks came in!

Fogs from eBay auction too!

^came with foglight switch, pigtails, and all screws and hardware

And for GhostAccord and those who are curious about what my grill looks like from further away:

Last edited by P5ylance; 09-19-2010, 12:23 AM.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
      Lots of time and effort put into this ride! Interior work looks really nice. It's all about the subtleties, and everything here is supper clean.
      thanks! I really appreciate you stopping by and checking it out theres some final things left in the interior to do, like finishing up my upholstery project (waiting on some stronger glue) and a new sound system down the line , then after that I can focus more on the exterior

Comment

PS: if anyone has a spare set of C-Pillar HoA badges, I'm interested in buying them... but only for like up to $40 shipped, more or less. so if you're out to make money, then i can't afford your stuff, haha. but if you're willing and would like to help me and lily get closer to that VIP status, smiles will come. My PM box is open

Oh, BTW, this is the new Toyota Crown, the car that inspired me to want these badges in the first place. its pillar badges are gold crowns woooot

Last edited by P5ylance; 09-26-2010, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Idle Woes Solved!

Oh yeah, and I fixed my idle issue!

for those who don't know, I scrapped the h23 plenum upgrade and went back to stock (gonna sell the plenum so i can get myself a shiny black wii soon), but the bouncing idle was still around. I remembered that I had unscrewed the FITV on the A6 plenum because i was gonna go back and warm it up and tighten it accordingly when i remembered... well, i just remembered, and tightened it back down, and now Lily is purrrring once again, but this time even better! time to get my MPG calculations going again!!! 25MPG Mixed here I come!!

that pesky FITV. haha

Comment

good to hear man. CB is looking mad clean tho. UGH i hate you. lol.

Comment

lol, love is in the air thanks! she needs a wash bad. since the whole idle debacle, I didn't drive her much and didn't wash her, so she's got dirt trails all over her. you don't see it in the pics though, but mmmm she grimy hahaha!

I also need to change the oil. its been 3500 miles now, and its starting to get black. Oh, would anyone happen to know what causes an engine to burn oil? cuz i have to refill every 2 weeks or so. more often if i just did an oil change and its all new inside.

rims came in! so did some HOA badges that H22Wagon93 sold me! new grille (i can finally make my Junction Produce Grille) and jdm one-piecers come in tomorrow!!! and my JDM side door mouldings are in San Francisco right now! I need clips though. i'm thoroughly excited for this weeks loot! and also, my sister gave me her Creative Zen Vision:M MP3 player, but it was a brick for 2 years. i'm finally pulling it back out and i'm gonna replace the HDD and the battery and get it up and running again

anyhoo, rim pics! sorry, it was at night so the only light was from my flash.

^Riverside Altstadt 4x114.3 17"

^ about a 1" lip

HOA Badges. Not gonna mount until i have another set (freakin thieves.. *grumble grumble*)

thanks for coming by! a whole bunch of new stuff came in!

Comment

Integrated Blinkers in OEM Side Mirrors

Would anyone know if our OEM side mirrors would have enough space to retrofit some side mirror blinkers from another car? such as these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item562af09704

I'm interested in this project, since the JDM one-piecers knock out the blinking corner function, and I don't want sidemarkers.

BTW, I'm planning on integrating blinkers with my Power-Folding Mirrors, so do the motors in those take up a lot of space?

Also, what cars in the junkyard do you know of would have side mirror blinkers? trying to find something close to the curvature of the OEM ones. I will be going to the junkyard someday soon to go check and see what they have, but if anyone can chime in on this, I'd love to get this project going and probably make a DIY for you all well, at least the retrofitting. I'm terrible at wiring so that's gonna wait for a bit.

Comment

Daaaaamn! Look at all those parts. Your new wheels are BALLER!

As for the Mercedes mirror marker retrofit, take a look at these photos taken by almostJDM, from his PFM DIY. It'll be a very tight fit, that's for sure. The curvature of the CB mirror is sharper than on those markers. Also take a look at where the housing's screw points are.

...still, I think it can be done!
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

haha thanks! luckiest find ever with these wheels! I got them from this person, he has a dumpload of rims available for amazing prices! other parts also for fairlady Z's, S13s, and Skylines.

http://www.importconcern.ca/

They are currently on, i just haven't had time to take pics yet! will get some pictures up soon enough i got a dumpload of parts these past three weeks, i think i spent roughly ~$1500 on parts. shat! best/worst/last (for a while) splurge EVAR. ap716's one-piecers and replica grilles came in a couple days ago too, so i'm just gonna clean em up for now

The new hard drive and battery for my Zen Vision:M 30GB finally came in and I have successfully turned my brick to sickKKK!!!!

yeah, definitely those Merc blinkers are too sharp, but just to get an idea of what i was trying to get at I wonder what cars out in the junkyards have them. otherwise, i might have to think of something else. I want the long bar look, but i do have some of those "M3 style side mirrors" that have the side blinker that i could gut off and put them on mine, but they're kinda oval-ish, and i dont want to gut them if i can find some OEM ones that'll look better.

Damn you CB mirror for being so sleek and sexy, there's barely any room to make you even better than you are!

Maybe even some integrated puddle lights?? haha my side mirrors are gonna be christmas trees, siiickkkk

Comment

Joshy's New Sig

Hahaha, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Geez, I have the audio of one of those scenes recorded on a tape cassette, lol! mad old!

Comment

Ahahahaha... I saw the episode again on TV last week and haven't been able to get it out of my head since. So naturally I had to make a stupid sig pic out of it.

Haha cassette tape? What'd you use to record those quotes? LOL!

Holy cow, $1500... well I can't wait to see the outcome, brah.

Maybe you can find something out there with window markers to test-fit? Scions are coming to mind. I'd be willing to bet money that you could get other, wider Honda mirrors to fit onto the CB (albeit, with varying levels of success...). Something that would give you more space to work with - if you really wanna fit those Merc markers.

I know for sure the BB4 and 95-96 TL **psst- heated mirror swap** use the exact same mirror as the CB. The housings are different in size and shapes of course, but I bet there's a missing link out there with the same (or similar) mounting points. The only differences would be angles and real-estate of space against the door. Hell, you might even be able to swap mirror housings with door mounts. Maybe you could find a common ground for something that would fit...
                        My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

^hahaha heeellll yeah! WITH BUILT-IN SPEAKER! lol!

yeah, I didn't even realize how much i spent until I wrote it all down and i was like... "well then... looks like I'll be rationing my gas money for a while" haha

Hopefully some car out in the yard has these blinkers, i'll be damned if not one euro car out there in the JY doesn't have it. :'< bleh! Stay tuned for a potential project I'm probably gonna keep the OEM side mirror cuz i know it mounts and works, but i'd like the fatter TL side mirrors

Oh also, I'm planning on installing some OEM Acura Vigor Rear Compartment Reading Lights (or C-Pillar Courtesy Lights, whatever they're called) so imma hit up the yard and pick up some spare rear c-pillar panels and start modding them

pics (that don't do justice bad lighting) of rims!!

^First one to work, woot! VIP PARKING SPOT, BRAHHH!!

I bought a replica G-Square grille from ap716, so I'm planning on putting that mesh and bolting this Junction Produce badge onto it instead of the accord badge using maury's DIY on bolting up emblems

heres a mock-up:

can't wait to get started on it! too many projects lined up, i need to focus! got midterms >_o'
                          Last edited by P5ylance; 09-27-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

u need to drop your shit on airbags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r6ltUgtFWI
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

lol oh shit that front car is overdoin' it too much hahaha!

this guy messaging me when i'm asleep!!

Comment

OMG. Those rims are sex.

Comment

Working...
                                X