Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22C1 in an CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22C1 in an CB7?

Could it be done without selling my first born?

2005 Engine, tranny, drivetrain, all available to me. Would make my sweet Accordia a rear wheel drive, S2000 powered sedan!

Thoughts? Thanks.

Originally posted by sshuc View Post
    Could it be done without selling my first born?

2005 Engine, tranny, drivetrain, all available to me. Would make my sweet Accordia a rear wheel drive, S2000 powered sedan!

Thoughts? Thanks.
    You could do it, it will cost alot though.
    However I don't think selling your kid is a good idea.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Depends on how much your first born is worth. And i thought it was F20C...

No one has made a RWD CB Accord, yet. There's a RWD 80s Accord hatch running around, but i think its an f22a or f22b motor.

There is, however, a RWD civic hatch with an s2k motor in it. Now that is sweet.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Anything could be done if you put the right time and amount of money into it but i don't think this is a worthwhile project

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
          No one has made a RWD CB Accord, yet.

No-one on here, But there is that Rwd V8 CB.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions and knowledge.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            You could do it, it will cost alot though.
            Would the major changes be to my floor? Do you think the engine would fit?

And i thought it was F20C...
            The F20C is smaller. I think that could have been a deciding factor. But, I'm a noob, so.

Comment

Link? Does it have factory from end on it or is it a 1pc?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by akito View Post
                but i don't think this is a worthwhile project...
                Thanks for the opinion, but what makes you think that? Where would the "worth" be placed in the term worthwhile? Like value after? Or performance? Or driving enjoyment (in a cb7)?

Link? Does it have factory from end on it or is it a 1pc?
                Sorry, no link, but yeah, it has the entire front end. The whole car is being parted out (roll over)

Comment

I meant link from evil_demon. He said there is a RWD v8 CB and id like to see that.

Comment

I meant link from evil_demon. He said there is a RWD v8 CB and id like to see that.
                    Oh sorry. Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing that too.

Comment

It's around... someone posted it years ago. It's all tubbed out (the V8 one) so it's pretty lame, IMO. Not really an Accord anymore.

Someone in CA has an F20C in a CB9, but he's not a member here. One of our members saw the car. It's like a Bigfoot sighting!

To make your car RWD, you'd need to find a way to mount the engine, COMPLETELY modify the firewall and dashboard, cut a driveshaft tunnel, relocate the gas tank, and find a way to make the rear wheels spin (which would probably entail retrofitting the S2000's rear suspension).

Can it be done? Yes. You might not have to sell your firstborn... but you might need to rent the kid out for a few years to cover the cost!

It depends on who you know, and what you can do yourself. If you're creative, patient, meticulous, and have a firm grasp on things mechanical... AND you can weld competently, or know someone that can... then it's doable. The more you can do yourself, the less it will cost you. Since you posted this thread, something tells me you're limited in your abilities.

I HAVE heard of the F20C/F22C being mounted longitudinally, and running FWD cars.

Comment

And i thought it was F20C...
                        the ap2 motor is an f22c1 in the us, its a stroked out version of the f20c, so it has a little more torque but a lower redline
                        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by akito View Post
                          Anything could be done if you put the right time and amount of money into it but i don't think this is a worthwhile project
                          bull shit, this may be the most worthwhile project i've heard of in a while! it will be a ton of work, and would require a lot more to make it streetable, but you should definately do it. however, you said yourself that you are a noob, so this may not be that great of an idea.

like deeve said, i've seen the f20c mounted sideways (k tranny maybe?) and used in a FWD car. if you have the skills, the tools, and access to the motor, i say go ahead with it. dont do this to your only car though...

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I wouldn't bother with an FWD F20C though... for the money it would take, you could do a hell of a lot more with a K series, or even the F22.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              To make your car RWD, you'd need to find a way to mount the engine, COMPLETELY modify the firewall and dashboard, cut a driveshaft tunnel, relocate the gas tank, and find a way to make the rear wheels spin (which would probably entail retrofitting the S2000's rear suspension)...

It depends on who you know, and what you can do yourself... something tells me you're limited in your abilities.
                              Thanks for that valuable paragraph: I can get all the parts necessary from the donor car, including the suspension. And, indeed you are correct: I am super limited in my ability to do this with my own hands. However, I am not as limited in my abilities to work hard and make the money to pay for someone else's hands - good friends at that, so discounted rates.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                              bull shit, this may be the most worthwhile project i've heard of in a while! it will be a ton of work, and would require a lot more to make it streetable, but you should definately do it. however,... you are a noob, so this may not be that great of an idea.
                              Yeah, I'm all noob'd up here. But, I've just started this project, and placed the emphasis on going the distance and making it special. I was all set to go with the Euro R engine and tranny, but I found out from a friend that this S2000 is soon to be parted out. So, I wondered if it was doable. I'd much rather RWD F22C1 than a FWD Euro R. But, if I am to go FWD, I'd just stick with the Euro R idea.

All in all, thanks for all your feedback. It definitely goes far towards making the decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X