X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Awesome. So I should just be able to slap that one in and be good to go? The Spectra strainer is only $7, so I'll grab that as well (not much to get confused about there!)
      Whoops, sorry to leave you hangin'. But most of the time yes, you would be good to go. I made mention of the different pump connectors because it does sometimes happen. Or if your me, it happens more times than it doesn't happen.

Comment

off topic:
        whats wrong with the window on your drivers door.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I replaced the motor/regulator years ago, and either the regulator was poorly designed, or I installed it incorrectly. It never worked properly. What I didn't realize is that while it was struggling up and down, it was also sawing away at the mounting holes with the bolt threads. The primary mounting holes on the door are now peanut-shaped. I tried securing a new regulator in there, but it won't work properly now. I need a new door with undamaged bolt holes (sadly, that inner skeleton is not removable from the door skin, I don't think!)
          Sucks, since I have a custom paintjob that will need to be redone

Comment

I replaced the motor/regulator years ago, and either the regulator was poorly designed, or I installed it incorrectly. It never worked properly. What I didn't realize is that while it was struggling up and down, it was also sawing away at the mounting holes with the bolt threads. The primary mounting holes on the door are now peanut-shaped. I tried securing a new regulator in there, but it won't work properly now. I need a new door with undamaged bolt holes (sadly, that inner skeleton is not removable from the door skin, I don't think!)
            Sucks, since I have a custom paintjob that will need to be redone
            you should find somebody with a small welder, and have them tack weld the bolts in place. if youre already planning on replacing the door, this doesn't seem so destructive. I could have an OEM regulator on its way to you for pretty cheap if you wanted one.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Hmmm... that's not a bad idea. If it's junk already, I might as well give it one last try!
              I'd just need to figure out exactly where the bolts would need to be before welding.

Comment

If the door proves to be a pain to source or you don't want to have mismatched paint you could tack weld the regulator to the door. Since it's already considered ruined you won't be hurting anything else.
                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Most likely I'll just end up with another door... but welding may happen, just to see. I mean, once it's done, it'll only be good as long as the motor lasts. Once that quits, the door is junk... unless i can manage to drill out the welds without fully compromising the rest of it!

Comment

Most likely I'll just end up with another door... but welding may happen, just to see. I mean, once it's done, it'll only be good as long as the motor lasts. Once that quits, the door is junk... unless i can manage to drill out the welds without fully compromising the rest of it!
                    I'm pretty sure the motors are replaceable separately of the regulator assembly. If you have a clean OEM one, I would definitely weld that sucker in if I were you.

Current cars:

Comment

im holding a regulator with a motor on it, it is removable with 3 bolts
                      but you may not be able to get to them when the regulator is bolted or welded in.
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I was going to send you a free used pump too as long as you put the cb7 back on the road. As for the regulator bolt hole, you may be able to simply use a nut and bolt, tighten it down with some washers = problem solved.

Comment

My initial thought was to use some washers and JB weld. I haven't tried that yet. I might see if I can make that work. It's a bit less permanent than welding!

Comment

My initial thought was to use some washers and JB weld. I haven't tried that yet. I might see if I can make that work. It's a bit less permanent than welding!
                            if that's the case, then you might want to slip some Lock washers under there, to provide some grip. The motor moving up and down puts a pretty solid amount of stress on the mounting points, personally i feel like loose washers or something temporary like JBweld won't really hold up, but that's just my opinion.

Current cars:

Comment

I wonder if I could weld washers in the locations where the mounting holes are supposed to be. Essentially just creating new mounting holes...

Comment

I wonder if I could weld washers in the locations where the mounting holes are supposed to be. Essentially just creating new mounting holes...
                                Now THAT sounds like a solution

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X