Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Mafia’s Hummer limo hid $875,000 in cash

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...ia_hummer.html
    The Hummer limousine seized from the drug-dealing Black Mafia Family almost four years ago had been sold at auction, then sold three times more. It had been carrying teenagers to proms and brides and grooms to weddings.

But as federal officials prepared for a June trial, they “debriefed” other BMF members and learned agents missed something when they searched the Hummer.

In August, agents tracked down the car, looked underneath the seats and found $875,000 in cash and seven brand new semi-automatic weapons, believed to be proceeds from BMF cocaine transactions.

The four “innocent owners,” according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert McBurney, knew nothing.

Information about the money and guns found in two “traps” was discussed this week as members of the BMF charged in Atlanta were sentenced.

Federal agents seized the black 2003 Hummer H2 stretch limousine in November 2004 when they raided one of BMF’s stash houses, “Space Mountain” on Paran Place in an upper-class northwest Atlanta neighborhood.

BMF members had cleaned out and fled the house, but they left the Hummer because they did not have keys to a car blocking the limousine.

McBurney said agents searched the limo and nothing found. The limo changed hands several times, finally ending up with Atlanta’s Comfort Limousine.

The Hummer was one of the extravagances BMF enjoyed with profits from its violent drug organization.

Brothers Demetrius “Big Meech” and Terry “Southwest T” Flenory created BMF in the mid-1980s by selling crack cocaine in Detroit. Within a few years, the BMF controlled crack and cocaine distribution in 11 states. Atlanta became a key city in the nationwide organization, according to prosecutors.

BMF began to unravel in November when the brothers pleaded guilty in Detroit. Sixteen people were indicted in Atlanta, and of those 11 have pleaded guilty; 10 were sentenced on Wednesday and Thursday. Indictments have been returned in Orlando, Louisville, Greenville and Los Angeles

wow wish i found find that much money in a limo
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Suck's whoever bought the limo didn't check everything out after the purchase...i'd be kicking myself

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
      Frost White Member 13
      My Ride
      "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

There's just not any words for how dumb I would feel lol. I think I would have found at least some of that though. Maybe i'm just anal about cleaning my car but anytime I have ever bought a car I pretty much go through every square inch of it. I've found money and random other things but never that much. 875k! I'd have like a 100 car garage right now lol. How great would it be to own every Honda you ever wanted.........

Comment

wow, if I found 875k and semi automatic weapons I'd drive the limo to Texas or Mexico, shoot off all the rounds in the air dancing around and then I'd spend the money.

Comment

gangster.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

baller! i would of took the money and left the coutry forever!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Man, If I would've found that money I would've burned the car, I would've said the car burned in an electrical fire installing some sound, tv and lightning equipment.

Just gotta watch your expenses after that.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Everytime i bought a car from an auction i go through it with a fine toothed comb. When i first bought my supra i found this fucking heavy italian gold bracelet. Took it in and got 800 bucks for it. the car practically paid for itself

i wish i found 875K though....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                  Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                  NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

thats where those sons of bitches went with my limo

Comment

Damn BMF has fallen, Been Persecuted, Jailed, and Tried. sucks that one of them did not get the money that they hustled for.

Comment

dirty money is hard to spend.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What if they came back for their money though and killed you?
                          NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

damn all i need is 100k to reach my goals comfortably

Comment

This is why I love organized crime....

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                              X