Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive installed main studs without alignhoning, you just need to check the clearance and out of roundness.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ahh yes. I remember being at this point. Was a lot of $$$ for the parts and to have the machine shop do their stuff. The machine shop charged me around $2200 but I didn't get everything you had done. You're going to want to go with cosmetic gasket setups and new belts, seals, everywhere. If shaft deletes are happening now is the time too. Some food for thought...

- Running half or full rad depends on the manifold you have and turbo placement. Is it going to be a top mount or bottom mount? Does the BOV stick out towards the radiator? Which side is the compressor on?

- Water coolant lines are fed off of the thermostat or you can steal the TB ones if you are not running coolant there anymore (after market TB). You can return to the same area too. I can get you more details from my setup if you like

- Venting the crank case is a must. Depending on the HP you'll need one or more vents to a catch can. I had someone weld the vent on mine and did two 10an fittings to it.

Looking good so far though.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        ive installed main studs without alignhoning, you just need to check the clearance and out of roundness.
        well the guy told me to and it wasnt to crazy of a price so i just agreed, and to have them measure it is probably 1/2 the cost and if it was out of spec then they would have to do it anyways, so oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Ahh yes. I remember being at this point. Was a lot of $$$ for the parts and to have the machine shop do their stuff. The machine shop charged me around $2200 but I didn't get everything you had done. You're going to want to go with cosmetic gasket setups and new belts, seals, everywhere. If shaft deletes are happening now is the time too. Some food for thought...

- Running half or full rad depends on the manifold you have and turbo placement. Is it going to be a top mount or bottom mount? Does the BOV stick out towards the radiator? Which side is the compressor on?

- Water coolant lines are fed off of the thermostat or you can steal the TB ones if you are not running coolant there anymore (after market TB). You can return to the same area too. I can get you more details from my setup if you like

- Venting the crank case is a must. Depending on the HP you'll need one or more vents to a catch can. I had someone weld the vent on mine and did two 10an fittings to it.

Looking good so far though.
          yea im doing all new gaskets... kinda have to? since the motor is completely apart and what not.
          balance shafts are already deleted(can see that in one of the pics ^ up there)
          im running this manifold
          http://www.amazon.com/OBX-Performanc...turbo+manifold
          so yes the wastegate sticks out towards the rad
          and i have a catch can, though idk if its really good enough(it was like 25$ on ebay, i watched a video and people did tests and it didnt show much of a difference)

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
            yea im doing all new gaskets... kinda have to? since the motor is completely apart and what not.
            balance shafts are already deleted(can see that in one of the pics ^ up there)
            im running this manifold
            http://www.amazon.com/OBX-Performanc...turbo+manifold
            so yes the wastegate sticks out towards the rad
            and i have a catch can, though idk if its really good enough(it was like 25$ on ebay, i watched a video and people did tests and it didnt show much of a difference)
            New anything helps here No worries on the catch can, some people use a coke bottle or whatever. All it does it catch oil. Looks like that BOV will definitely be in the way of the Radiator. If you know anyone with a H22, take the manifold to their car and eye-ball things up to see if the BOV will hit the radiator. Most likely it will so plan on getting a half rad.

Comment

New anything helps here No worries on the catch can, some people use a coke bottle or whatever. All it does it catch oil. Looks like that BOV will definitely be in the way of the Radiator. If you know anyone with a H22, take the manifold to their car and eye-ball things up to see if the BOV will hit the radiator. Most likely it will so plan on getting a half rad.
              why would i eye it on a h22? im building an f22. and also its a waste gate not a BOV, but yea i have it on my list(should probably update first page again)

Comment

well im going to be going back at it again with income taxes coming back. and was wondering if anyone knows anything about gearspeed carbon syncros because i thought about getting this kit
                http://www.gearspeedwholesale.com/pr...p/kbs-accs.htm

vs doing
                http://shop.synchrotech-transmission...-SYN115-3A.htm

i mean i know synchrotech is great but is it 200$ worth of better?

Comment

well im finally making good progress on my build and got the motor and tranny in the car today! And over the next few weeks i will be getting everything buttoned up hopefully and down to a fab shop to get intercooler piping and a downpipe made.

Comment

Ya, WG positioning will determine your rad setup is what i meant to say. This combined with top or bottom mount and intercooler piping will determine if you are keeping or losing your PS and AC. Looking at your picture you'll just have to eye-ball things up and see what you can get away with. I'll be running the syncrotech carbon syncros in the T2T4 H22 transmission I have. Most I can say to your questions is don't cheap out on parts that will be the bottleneck/reliability of the car. Also I am running coolant through my turbo as well as oil, check the MRT for pics.

Looking good though !

Comment

Ya, WG positioning will determine your rad setup is what i meant to say. This combined with top or bottom mount and intercooler piping will determine if you are keeping or losing your PS and AC. Looking at your picture you'll just have to eye-ball things up and see what you can get away with. I'll be running the syncrotech carbon syncros in the T2T4 H22 transmission I have. Most I can say to your questions is don't cheap out on parts that will be the bottleneck/reliability of the car. Also I am running coolant through my turbo as well as oil, check the MRT for pics.

Looking good though !
                      i ended up getting a mishimoto 1/2 rad anyways, and i got the syncrotech carbon syncros also. and i looked though your build but the only pictures i found are just with the lines running by the valve cover it doesnt show where/how you got it from

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                        i ended up getting a mishimoto 1/2 rad anyways, and i got the syncrotech carbon syncros also. and i looked though your build but the only pictures i found are just with the lines running by the valve cover it doesnt show where/how you got it from
                        I can get some pics for you, but they go into the thermostat. just PM me for pics if you need some.

Comment

so i feel as if using one of these on the return line of the IACV going to the turbo then to the thermostat housing seems like it would be a easy way of doing it
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russell-6703...RSaVUM&vxp=mtr

Comment

also im guessing you have to ditch the windshield washer tank? or is there a smaller one that fits?

Comment

has anyone used the treadstone performance intercooler piping kit? im wondering how it fits, and i likely wont be using the intercooler that comes with it, as i have a large greddy IC, just depends on how it fits

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...ler+Piping+Kit
                              this is the one im referring to.

Comment

anyone? Speedfactory no longer does "custom fab" work any more and they were the ones that were going to do my fab work. I can do my downpipe as i have a welder to do stainless, but i dont have the equipment to do the IC piping nor have i ever welded aluminum.
                                or any other kit that is pretty close to "drop in"

Comment

Working...
                                X