My CB7 history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB7 history

as some of you may know, ive had a semi long history of cb7's. ive owned 6, 4 of which i have right now. some of you have been around for all of it, some of you only know my current car. even the ppl whove been around dont even know my full history, as its hard to follow, because i went from white sedan to white sedan to white sedan to white sedan... lol.

beware, this is going to get pretty long! anyhoo here goes.

my life of CB7s began my senior year of highschool, in early 2003. i was previously driving my grandma's old 1992 toyota corolla, base automatic, tinbox, but reliable. i decided i wanted a CB7, and finally found one - a 1993 LX, 243k miles, 5spd. my dad had to test drive it for me, as i had never really driven a 5spd before, but i knew i wanted it. i had a total car budget of $5k, so i bought it for $2200 (which was a good price around here) factoring in the cost of a JDM H22A plus a few other goodies (i was active on accord-racing at the time)

and so began my journey. my very first mods: JDM onepiece headlights, red/clear tails, cb7tuner decals, eibach prokit springs (but only in the front, as i couldnt figure out how to deal with the seized rear lower strut mounts). this was the car i first did my LED dashboard conversion to, since hey i was poor, didnt know how to do anything mechanical, and all i knew how to do was electronics. this was also the car i first installed an insight DRL module on. a few months later i found my JDM h22a w/ M2B4 on ebay for 2320 shipped. i planned to install it over the summer, but it took 5 months to show up, so i got it just in time for winter. so me and my friend dillon ended up doing the swap over spring break (took 8 days straight) while it was snowing out.

#1 - 1993 Accord LX Sedan, frost white

my old members ride thread for this LX

my hard drive based MP3 player with the screen mounted in the visor. the audio output was fed thru the aux input of my headunit.

and then i went down to Coco's house in NJ (on excalibur02's birthday) and traded interiors with him. i gave him my blue, and i took his grey: heres coco's members ride thread

and then THIS got to me. i couldnt deal with this anymore, it made the car pointless to work on, as this was something that could never be fixed. i wanted a perfect car, and this one could never be.

soooooo, then came my second cb7.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-27-2014, 05:29 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

#2 - 1993 Accord EX sedan, frost white

Here's the Member's Ride thread for this EX

i found this beautifully clean EX on ebay, for $3000. i loved this car. i brought it home and immediately started swapping everything over to it, using the OEM parts from the new car (including the new F22 and the original tranny from my old LX) to revert my LX back to stock to sell it for $2800. so esentially for $200 i was able to upgrade, but unfortunately this new EX was automatic. of course that was taken care of with my first attempt at a 5spd conversion. went well and the car was my reliable pride and joy.

made a few new upgrades with this new car. jdm s2000 sidemarkers, eibach sportlines springs, oem spoiler (thanks aero). it was just a much better car overall.

and then... it happened.

i absolutely needed the car as a daily driver, so i managed to get it up and running that night without spending a single cent. (thanks jdm91cb and doctorcipher)

unfortunately, it didnt look too pretty, and the hood didnt like to stay down. a couple months later while driving on the highway (75+), the hood popped. demolition. the car was gone. the roof was pushed downward and warped up, glass all shattered all over the place. the car would be useless to try to save. it was quite ironic really - i was on the highway heading down to deevergote's house to pick up a new hood latch, to prevent exactly what happened from happening.

pictured left to right: my ex abbey, mayberry4thgen, his gf rachael, doctorcipher.

it sat in the back yard for a while while i stripped it out.

done, just before i had it towed/thrown away. goodbye my baby.

Here's more pictures of the bare shell before it got towed.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-09-2014, 04:14 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

#3 - 1991 Accord EX sedan, championship white

with my beloved cb7 stripped bare and rotting away in a scrap metal yard, i needed a car to drive. i went down to maple shade NJ and picked up PM's old project CB7 (anybody remember him? heres his old members ride thread). it was in a minor front end accident but otherwise pretty straight, i got it for $650. i threw some of my old bent up parts on it to get it back on the road, and drove this thing for quite some time.

it ran fine, minus when the headgasket blew... fixed it overnight at the shop mayberry4thgen worked at.

i drove PMs car while i searched for a new, clean CB7 to replace my old EX sedan.

while i owned this car, i picked up a grey 90 EX sedan for $500 from a gas station down in NJ, running on 3 cylinders. figured i could pick it up, fix it, and sell it to help pay for a new cb7. luckily coco had just recently picked up an H22, so i got his old F22 and threw it into this car. i never daily drove this car until recently.

#4 - 1990 Accord EX sedan, grey... idk the color name

Here is the Member's Ride thread with more pictures and
      information.

I drove it for a while and ended up selling it.
      Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-27-2014, 05:23 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

#5 - 1993 Accord EX sedan, frost white

Click for the Members Ride thread for this car

i found another one, that i thought would be the final replacement for my old EX sedan. it had some rust, but in 2005, what CB7 didnt? i got it for a good price, and otherwise it was straight. again, this one was automatic, but converting was no big deal. it had 192k on it, and i got it for $2000.

my story kind of overlaps with itself, and it wasnt jsut one cb7 after another... at this point, i still had the old shell sitting, as well as the other 2 cars:

i daily drove this with no problems for a while, until the f22 decided to shit the bed and start spewing oil all over the place. it wasnt worth the effort of tearing into it and replacing seals, so i threw the H22 block into it, leaving it automatic. this is the automatic H22 that some of you probably remember me having.

and then, it happened again.

minus the bent body panels, the frame was straight. i straightened it out overnight and went back to driving it the next day again. the ropes you see are holding the bumper cover on... lol

i drove this car up until the point when steve/ATX decided to put his car up for sale. i immediately knew what i had to do!!

Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-27-2014, 05:24 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

#6 - 1992 Accord EX coupe, frost white

heres MY members ride thread for this car

this is it, my CB7. i bought it from steve/atx for $4500. it was already worked on, since of course, it was ATX's car. it had the wheels, exhaust, suspension, and motor already. heres Steve's members ride thread

i loved this car, i had made a few trips down to maryland in the past couple years to help steve out with it, i helped him put the h22 in the first time, and helped him convert to 5spd. im honored to own and enjoy this car, and extend its life here on the site.

once i started driving this car, my old sedan with the auto H22 was parked. i pulled the motor out and sold it to minoreparations (click for Karl's members ride thread), and put his old F22 back into my car. i still need to put a new hood and bumper on it and get the whole car painted before i sell it, thats going to happen sometime this winter. so the car is sitting in my back yard, waiting. i have no current pictures of it.

this is what the coupe looked like when i got it from steve:

and so began the personalization. here it is today! heres the members ride thread for this car

Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-27-2014, 05:22 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

My CB7s as of 2006

of course im still driving the euro-R coupe, thats my new baby.

i still have PM's car, it sat for a while under a tree in my back yard. it looked terrible, but was still a clean car under its skin... its getting fixed up right now as i use it as a daily driver, and its almost ready enough to sell. oneoffaccord painted me a new hood (and soon bumper) for it, and i cleaned it up. few minor things left to fix and itll be up for sale.

before, during, and after cleaning:

while ive been working on the coupe, ive been driving and fixing up the grey sedan's little issues and problems. upper control arms, tires, a few seals, power steering pump, belts, and such. this car will be up for sale as soon as i start driving my coupe again.

and like mentioned above, the automatic H22 sedan i had just before i bought the coupe is still sitting with an f22 in it, waiting for some body work and a paint job before i sell it.

My CB7s as of 2014

More information available deeper in this thread, but for the conclusion post, click here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...1&postcount=69

i hope this thread finally filled all you guys in about my history, my progression.. as even while it was happening, some of my friends (and even my parents) couldnt keep track of which car was which.

comments?
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 05-09-2014, 04:19 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

i think your accident prone. lol. naw but nice cars man. wish i had that many. whats under the hood of the white sedan? the one without a front bumper looking like it has moss growning on it. lmao

Comment

very nice mike - thats a hell of a lot of cb7s you had. i think its more of a legacy than a history I remember meeting atx at my first meet and i believe his car went top the right person. good job and good luck getting the coupe running again
                The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                Check out my JDM F22B swap
                Watch my CB7 video

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  some of my friends (and even my parents) couldnt keep track of which car was which.
                  coughcoughBULLSHITcoughcough

I till this day still keep track and know what happened! haha

very inspiring for others tho

Comment

WOW! My CB7 is my first and only car and you have had so many of them, I wish I had a few spares to strip for parts. Great right up, and keep us posted when u do more...Love the wire tuck job by the way
                    My CB For Sale

Comment

btw, it took just over 2 and a half hours to make this thread

Originally posted by Shadow1
                      i think your accident prone. lol. naw but nice cars man. wish i had that many. whats under the hood of the white sedan? the one without a front bumper looking like it has moss growning on it. lmao
                      unfortunately. my first accident was just that, an accident. it happens. the hood popping sucked, quite ironic really - i was on the highway heading down to deevergote's house to pick up a new hood latch, to prevent exactly what happened from happening. the second accident was at a hard point in my life, very hectic and i wasnt getting enough sleep. i was on my way up 287 to see my gf, and i fell asleep in stop and go traffic. traffic stopped, i kept going. theres not much under the hood of PM's car, besides a bunch of new stock parts. its all back to stock under the hood so i can sell it. heres his old members ride thread.

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL
                      very nice mike - thats a hell of a lot of cb7s you had. i think its more of a legacy than a history I remember meeting atx at my first meet and i believe his car went top the right person. good job and good luck getting the coupe running again
                      thanks steve was a cool guy and a good friend of mine. i first met him at a MD meet a couple years back, and i looked up to him and his car (i had my first LX at the time). i never would have imagined that i would have been the next owner!

Originally posted by excalibur02
                      coughcoughBULLSHITcoughcough

I till this day still keep track and know what happened! haha

very inspiring for others tho
                      of course mauri... my partner in cb7 history. i think only you and justin/doctorcipher are the only people who know firsthand what i went through, day by day, from start until now. youve had your own little secret cb7 history as well

Originally posted by jtek24
                      WOW! My CB7 is my first and only car and you have had so many of them, I wish I had a few spares to strip for parts. Great right up, and keep us posted when u do more...Love the wire tuck job by the way
                      gracias senor. yeah having been through so many, ive built up a pretty good collection of CB parts. 95% of the time anything breaks on my car or a friend's, i have a spare part as backup
                      Last edited by cp[mike]; 10-17-2006, 02:10 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

the story was alot easier to follow with pics mike...cause when u told me in person the 80 white accords that u owned confused me

quite the history though...my 2nd year anniversary with my first cb in is coming in jan
                        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Very impressive man, that's a lot of frost white cars. It's awesome to see someone so devoted to the cb chassis haha. I'm on my second 90 coupe so far, hopefully this one will last me awhile too or I'm gonna have to find another.
                          Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                          Project 240SX
                          Originally posted by chillin943
                          anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                          Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Wow, you've been through alot of cb7's dude! It's interesting to read about each of them. How many of them did you do the LED dash conversion on? Your current cb looks very nice, def. my favourite of all you've owned... so far

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

great job on keeping the accord alive and well, all of em. i've tried to keep up with your history since i remember your first one especially the insight kit wiring. it's been so long now but i'm glad you're still at it mike. from only knowing electronics to now full on mechanics you've grown my boy. awsome !

funny how you landed a coupe at the end. i've been told it's less prone to accidents . let's keep her that way mmmmkay?!
                              1cor10:31
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X