Starting car in cold weather with no antifreeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting car in cold weather with no antifreeze

Well, I just got a new car from down south which probably doesn't have any antifreeze in the coolant system. Well, I totally forgot about it and started up the car after it just snow and had some cold weather here. I heard what sounds like ice cracking and the car shuts off. I start it up again and it was fine, now I see some water leaking underneath the car. I'm thinking it made be my water pump, but could it be something else. Thanks.

The water could possibly be what was in the radiator instead of anti-freeze, you might have a radiator leak.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

YOu dont mix antifreeze with your water and it snowed ouch. Since I have been up in Carbondale (knowing I have a leak) I always keep antifreeze with the water no matter what because it prevents freezing inside your cooling system. But I would fill the system with some fluid at least. ALso make sure where that leak is exactly coming from.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

maybe just a hose froze and cracked i dunno how effing cold was it?
        ]

Comment

hope you didn't crack the block or anything else....

Comment

Frozen cooling systems = no good. Ice = expansion. And thats not good for anything. As I said check around for leaks earlier. COuld be something as simple as a hose.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
            X