Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

From a BMW driver: Much Respect to the CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tippey, that's an awesome looking M3. I'm jealous. E46 model was definitely the last and best of the true M3 cars.

I'm glad everybody, for the most part, appreciated my comments about the CB7. They are cool looking cars that are apparently indestructible. I'm really interested to know what the secret is to their longevity. I know this is a tuner community, but most of the examples I see driven on the street look bone stock.

How did Honda build such a bulletproof car? Since you guys tune them you must know them better than anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Can we punish SoySauceCb7 somehow? Its people like that we don't need on this site. Random stranger gives us all a huge compliment and that comment is the last thing he should see on here.
      He's always been a negative nancy. Nobody really takes him seriously.

Originally posted by Gator325 View Post
      Tippey, that's an awesome looking M3. I'm jealous. E46 model was definitely the last and best of the true M3 cars.

I'm glad everybody, for the most part, appreciated my comments about the CB7. They are cool looking cars that are apparently indestructible. I'm really interested to know what the secret is to their longevity. I know this is a tuner community, but most of the examples I see driven on the street look bone stock.

How did Honda build such a bulletproof car? Since you guys tune them you must know them better than anybody else.
      Honda really seemed to overengineer the CB7. The quality declined a bit in following models (with the 6th generation being pretty awful, though nice looking.)
      The F22A engines have a low compression ratio, which probably helps in terms of internal wear.
      The transmissions are a weak point... manuals wear out synchros, and automatics just tend to fail... but mainly because of the neglect of previous owners. Fluid changes are important, and often overlooked!

The quality of the interior materials is fantastic. The only car of a similar vintage I've been in that had similar fit and longevity was a Volvo 940... and the materials used weren't as nice (the CB7 has a nice padded dash, for example... the Volvo's dash was hard plastic... though the Volvo's cloth was far superior.)

CB7s are cheap beater cars these days. Even the majority of enthusiasts are kiddies with their first car that just want to slap a bunch of cheap parts on. The amount of abuse these cars can take continues to astound me. The things people get away with on a CB7 would probably destroy a 2004 Cavalier in 3 months!

My own car has been subject to a fair amount of abuse, and it has never really failed me. I've failed IT a number of times... and any major mechanical issue was due to something stupid that I did. Even when I installed a cheap ebay throwout bearing, it still let me limp home over 100 miles with clutchless shifting!

These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.
        Amen.
        Originally posted by deevergote

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Wasn't there a thread just like this one not that long ago?!?!?

edit- he made it as well lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172136

Cool beans!

Comment

I own a 1985 BMW R80(Motorcycle, still running strong) and a 1990 Accord DX and i love them both. Both are quality vehicles and i never want to sell either.

Something about putting your blood, sweat, and tears into your vehicle and it doesnt let you down means something. To me atleast.

Last edited by tutsuo; 08-22-2013, 12:15 PM. Reason: typos
            Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
            den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Wasn't there a thread just like this one not that long ago?!?!?

edit- he made it as well lol

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172136

Cool beans!
              Oh yeah!
              Well... it was 2.5 years ago. Pretty long. Glad to see he's still impressed.

Comment

Oh yeah!
                Well... it was 2.5 years ago. Pretty long. Glad to see he's still impressed.
                Something fishy going on here

Comment

Nothing that I can see. No hidden spam links, no vague spammer-esque comments, and all his posts are on topic, with followup replies. Usually anything shady would be pretty obvious by now.

Comment

Very appreciated! I am a very BMW lover myself. I like most of them actually, mostly 2010-11 330i Sedan.

Comment

I'd truly love one, but I'm not ready to commit to an expensive project car... so an older one would be out. My income level isn't at a point where I can comfortably afford a new one, either! Not with paying off my mortgage and going to grad school, anyway.

Comment

I'd truly love one, but I'm not ready to commit to an expensive project car... so an older one would be out. My income level isn't at a point where I can comfortably afford a new one, either! Not with paying off my mortgage and going to grad school, anyway.
                        Completely understand you! Ha ha. The model 325i are cheaper. I am not 100% sure but that's what I found out in my area even though they are not sexy like the 330i. Lol

Comment

If I ever went BMW, I think it would have to be an M... or a fully loaded 7 series. Aside from my CB7 (which is an LX), it bugs me not to have the top of the line!

I would only get a lower model BMW if I were buying older, and I wanted to do some serious mods. Like, if I wanted to go turbo, I'd pick up something older and cheaper. No use boosting an expensive M3 engine when the difference in purchase price could go towards building a standard I6!
                          I'd probably choose an E36 for a project. Old enough to be cheap, but not so old that they're terribly rare. I've seen E36s selling for $1000 (CB7 prices!)... and even E36 M3s selling for $3000!

Comment

Seriously, $1000 and $3000?! That's not bad at all. I have seen a few E36s going turbo and its a good idea like you said. Btw, I got a question off topic. Does some old threads automatically gets deleted?

Comment

Yeah, E36s are cheap. They're the unloved 3 series models! Especially the M3, since we got the watered-down version in the US. Still potent cars, and there's still a fair aftermarket for them, but they're cheap.
                              I saw a purple M3 convertible for sale in my area for $3000 a couple years ago, when I was shopping for my CTS-V (ALMOST bought it...), and I know of a black one that will HOPEFULLY be bought by a buddy of mine.

As for threads being deleted automatically, no. Nothing is automatically deleted. Anything that gets deleted was removed either by the person who posted it, or by a moderator because the thread was in violation of the rules. MANY beginner threads are deleted for having non-descriptive titles. Stuff like "first car!" or "what next??!?!?!" or "quick question" (I hate that one!) are deleted by staff members before they're even read. It doesn't matter if your question is legit... if your title doesn't say what you're asking about, or if you're asking about something far too vague ("what mods should I start with" for example) then the thread is gone.

Comment

Much love back to ya. Welcome!
                                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                                X