No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it’s all in and working. I’ve got some fine tuning to do. As it rolls back into the roof it gets slower. I think the rails might be too tight. Also the moonroof glass Needs the rubber seal trimmed some more. The other small problem I have is the drain. The vertical lip on it is too tall and I need to cut it shorter. When the moonroof goes to close then vent it brings the drain up higher to the roof. That’s where I have a simple clearance issue. I’ll cut some off of it and reinstall it then everything will be complete again. Sorry for the night pics. It’s all I have for now. I wish I could post a video. It’s pretty spectacular.

5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Ok here’s a Sunday update for y’all. My one piece headlights are in. All wired up. I got an aftermarket DRL module w/ harness to run the halos and devil eyes. They are set up to stay on for 25 seconds after the car is turned off. They strobe when the hazards are on. The halos and devils will dim when the headlights are turned on. Last the projectors are now hid equipped. I still gotta do all my headlight adjustments for aiming and leveling. They came out so nice. I wish I could take a good pic that isn’t hazy from the light output. I want to find some hi/drl bulbs that are closer in color to my halos also.

Here is some day shots of the venting moonroof also. This is probably the best project I’ve built so far. It’s freakin awesome. This is a must for any 4th-5th gen moonroof Accord.

~Mark~

Comment

make a diy for the roof
        COUPE K24

Comment

So are you making the moonroof slide over the roof, instead of inside it, as it moves backwards? Do you just prefer that look, or what inspired that?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

No it’s not like a prelude. It just vents. It drops down and slides into the roof like normal to open. It’s fully functional with the added vent feature as of now. But to be really how I want it, it needs the limit switch built in. That way it will slide forward and close as normal and stop there. Only when you hit the close button again it will then vent. It would operate just like the 97-99 Acura CL coupes that have the sliding/venting rails I put in this CB moonroof tray. I still have to take it all apart again and put it all in my CB tray that came out of my car specifically because mine is already custom notched in the front for my TSX map light.
            Then I will start moding it for the limit switch. I’m not 100% fully knowledgeable about this limit switch (also from the 1st gen CL) but I’ve got a good idea of how it works. Installing it on the CB Accord cable tubes in the back is another hurdle. I’m definitely sure I can wire it. I will tear out a CL dash from pap to get at the moonroof relays just because I want to see how they are wired. It could be the same as the CB Accord and it might be different. The relays are not in the same spot as the CB either which is on top of the under dash fuse box. I think in CL’s it’s in the center console. There’s more work to do for sure.

~Mark~

Comment

Nice CB , i really like it. The sunroof on my civic vents like that but it has a button in the middle of the switch just for venting, I wonder if you could put something like that on it
              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Alright, I must just be mis-remembering the SE my friend had years ago. I thought its sunroof went up before dipping back down to slide into the headliner. My own was a lowly LX, so I don't know...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Lola being a '93 SE just has the standard moonroof, same as old Lola. There never was a moon roof for the CB7 that ever tipped up / went up other than to seal into place.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yes it’s sadly true. No 90-97 Accord model had a “vent” feature. If there was. I wouldn’t have gone through all of this moonroof modding that’s for sure.

~Mark~

Comment

The switch you choose won’t have much to do with how the moonroof needs to operate. It’s probably easier to wire up a switch that has a separate venting button but you still need a limit switch (which is attached to the cables at the back) to detect where the moonroof glass is and tell it when to stop. Right now my moonroof, when closing from the open position inside the roof, will close and keep moving right past stopping at roof level (normal closing) and go right into tilting for vent. There is no limiter to tell it to stop. Even with a separate tilting button there needs to be a limit switch to control glass closure with out going straight into venting.

~Mark~

Comment

This is the limit switch on an Acura CL.

There is a spring loaded rocker sensor on it that detects where the cable is at. It is mounted on the right rear of the CL moonroof tray. The left side cable moves through the tubing and over to the right where it comes in contact with the limit switch. Because of this the left side cable is longer than the right side cable. The tubing is also a little bit longer to move the moonroof back far enough.
                        The thing about the CB moonroof is that it is wider than the CL moonroof so that right side already short cable becomes shorter and thus is too short. I swapped a left side cable onto the right to make it longer. Now it is also long enough to mount the limit switch on the left side for the CB tray. The limit switch will totally not fit on the right either.
                        Here I have mounted the limit switch on the left side. The top run of tubing just goes straight through and the limit switch only mounts to it. The lower is actually two tubes. I had to bend the shorter one to fit properly but it’s working out so far. The other end bends up further around the side of the tray. I’ll move the mount that the tube end screws to, up further to hold it correctly.

Here you can see the bottom of the limit switch where the rocker sensor detects the cable. You can adjust the position of this switch because slides side to side. Once you have the moonroof glass into the correct position for closed then you slide the switch into its position to detect “closed” and stop power. Then the switch can be locked tight with the two screws so it remains in the right spot to detect the cable.

~Mark~

Comment

Nice dude! That is way too much work that I would not want to do it twice. So ..... the 10 year old question. Can I put a moon roof in my Canadian EX ? Missing brackets on the roof right?

Comment

Once you start getting to know how the moonroofs go together it becomes easy to build them. In fact the CL rails and slider mech plus the CD moonroof glass, is easier to deal with than the shitty CB stuff. The 94-97 glass just lifts right off after undoing some 10mm nuts. Way more convenient.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                              Once you start getting to know how the moonroofs go together it becomes easy to build them. In fact the CL rails and slider mech plus the CD moonroof glass, is easier to deal with than the shitty CB stuff. The 94-97 glass just lifts right off after undoing some 10mm nuts. Way more convenient.
                              That’s how civics are as well. I went to a junkyard to get a shade for my sisters civic sunroof and it was super easy to remove the glass. Took less then 10 mins.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yeah try and swap a CB moonroof glass in 10 min. Mine has never come out without a fight. It’s also heavier than my new moonroof setup. Once I get this limit switch in and working the old stuff will be nothing but forgettable memories lol.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X