Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 with f22a1 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a4 with f22a1 head

Was driving the other day and my accord jumped timing shortly after it stopped running trying to limp it home . Pull off valve cover, cam is broke after cyl 1 2 3 and 4 dead (rip). Asked around found a motor (f22a1) for 50$ I want to take head off f22a1 and use on my f22a4 block/intake/dist/etc everything else a4 just a1 head will it work.
    Last edited by blamecanada; 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM.

The A1 head will bolt directly onto your block. Use the exhaust manifold from the A4 it will give you roughly 5hp with the downpipe. It was a much better designed 4-2-1 bent steel manifold as opposed to a cast iron manifold found on the A1.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to ckear that up for me ive been sitting here in the garage waiting for a reply before I started the swap incase I needed something I didnt have or it wouldnt work. I think reading the a1 to a6 swap scared me having to use diff intk dist ecu etc. But again thanks man

Comment

The head and block castings for all F22A engines are 100&#37; identical.
        As mentioned, the F22A1 and F22A4 are exactly the same in every way (down to the ECU, even) aside from the exhaust manifold. Put an F22A4 exhaust manifold on an F22A1, and you have an F22A4. (hence the reason we can say with certainty that the manifold gives a 5hp gain, since it is the only difference between the engines, and the F22A4 makes 130hp, whereas the F22A1 makes 125hp.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The head and block castings for all F22A engines are 100% identical.
          As mentioned, the F22A1 and F22A4 are exactly the same in every way (down to the ECU, even) aside from the exhaust manifold. Put an F22A4 exhaust manifold on an F22A1, and you have an F22A4. (hence the reason we can say with certainty that the manifold gives a 5hp gain, since it is the only difference between the engines, and the F22A4 makes 130hp, whereas the F22A1 makes 125hp.)

Right on thank you very much again last question... wich set of head bolts should I use? Thr ones mated with the a1 on the blown motor or the ones mater with my a4 head and block?

Comment

They're identical.
            However, you should buy new. Head bolts are made to stretch, and you don't want to re-use 25 year old bolts. Buy new bolts from Honda, or if you want to get fancy, get some ARP head studs made for an H23A1 (that would be overkill, though... unless you planned on a major build, or you intend to take your engine apart multiple times, as the studs can be reused, unlike the factory bolts.)

Comment

Also, though you may know this already... be sure to verify that the replacement head is 100&#37; straight. Taking it to a machine shop to be cleaned up wouldn't be a bad idea. When you install the new bolts, be sure to follow the correct order, and torque them to proper specs. It doesn't take much to warp these aluminum heads.

Comment

And if u want a bit more headache and slight umph u can add a6 complete manifold because it has iabs or go h23 plenium with f22a6 runners. Wiring and vac box will be needed from the donor along with ecu to control iabs. Also can from a6, camshaft, valve springs, and windage tray. Just my thought since your head is off

Comment

Working...
                X