X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great idea love it

Comment

no one has pics of them on google haha, i just tried searching

yeeeah, it's a good concept, but how are we gonna go about doing it? the best i can think of is something that lights up the outline of the badge, so like LEDs embedded in the garnish around the badge, underneath the badge.
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

I'm thinking of etching a stencil of the Accord logo on the BACK of a rectangular piece of acrylic.

I'll mask over the letters "Accord," masking and letters both on the back of the acrylic, and paint the rest of the back black. Then I'd take off the masking tape and put tint film over the whole back, probably a couple layers worth.

Then, on the front, I'd lay down another layer of tint film.

I'd cut a matching rectangle out of the door sill and have the acrylic fit there. When the light underneath the acrylic is activated, it would shine through the tint, and the letters Accord would be highlighted, as all other light would be blocked off by the black paint.

The front surface's tint would only serve to make the acrylic look more consistent and translucent.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
          I'm thinking of etching a stencil of the Accord logo on the BACK of a rectangular piece of acrylic.

I'll mask over the letters "Accord," masking and letters both on the back of the acrylic, and paint the rest of the back black. Then I'd take off the masking tape and put tint film over the whole back, probably a couple layers worth.

I'd cut a matching rectangle out of the door sill and have the acrylic fit there. When the light underneath the acrylic is activated, it would shine through the tint, and the letters Accord would be highlighted, as all other light would be blocked off by the black paint.

The front surface's tint would only serve to make the acrylic look more consistent and translucent.
          that would work, you could also try and frost the reverse side and that will help evenly disburse the light too, great thinking!

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
          DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post

THAT is a GREAT idea! I'm diggin' the creativity! and at night it would solve the problem of not being able to really see the emblem/that area where "accord" will be (coupe courtesy door lights don't shine far enough to light em up haha)

Comment

it wouldnt be hard to wire lights into them seeing how we got the lights in the door pannels... wire it so it lights up when the door opens.. and i tried finding a picture of the oldsmobile door pannels but nothing... its a little light.. not to bright but just enough that it will light up the accord symbol...
              Originally posted by deevergote
              wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

absolutely beautiful. Great DIY!
                HondAccordMan-1991 Honda Accord LX Sedan

Click for MRT thread

Comment

very nice, badge looks little small but i get the idea....now to find someone that can super size it for me

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                  When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

thanks for all the views, comments and compliments, I really appreciate you all for checkin' out my DIY and discussing possible ways to make it better! wanted to give back to the community that helped me propel my car to be more than what it once was and show how customizable the CB7 can be.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
                      nice A+ for creativity
                      Ok you know what man. This is just fuckin nice.

Anyone can do this who has a brain.

I love it. I was thinking you can also put Honda in there, so it will say HONDA ACCORD when you open the door, or is that over kill????

To me I like havin no badges on my car so opening the door and having it say, HONDA ACCORD Will be my more of my liking, how ever, ill be doing just accord for now. I have to get a grindin bit for the dremel.

Thanks man. I love diys.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        Ok you know what man. This is just fuckin nice.

Anyone can do this who has a brain.

I love it. I was thinking you can also put Honda in there, so it will say HONDA ACCORD when you open the door, or is that over kill????

To me I like havin no badges on my car so opening the door and having it say, HONDA ACCORD Will be my more of my liking, how ever, ill be doing just accord for now. I have to get a grindin bit for the dremel.

Thanks man. I love diys.
                        hahaha thanks bro, glad you are very interested in doing this! DIYs are hella fun, fasho

Go for it! i haven't tried that, so i've a feeling it'll look pretty good ;D just find the "honda" with the same font as the "accord", so probably the 90-91 "honda" and and the 90-93 accord badges, to keep with the generation

I'd recommend a finger space apart, i think that'll be good spacing (because i was gonna put "EX" next to the accord part but i got lazy lol)

no problem ;D got a couple more simple DIYs up my sleeve for dressing up the car that i'll post up when i have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                          hahaha thanks bro, glad you are very interested in doing this! DIYs are hella fun, fasho

Go for it! i haven't tried that, so i've a feeling it'll look pretty good ;D just find the "honda" with the same font as the "accord", so probably the 90-91 "honda" and and the 90-93 accord badges, to keep with the generation

I'd recommend a finger space apart, i think that'll be good spacing (because i was gonna put "EX" next to the accord part but i got lazy lol)

no problem ;D got a couple more simple DIYs up my sleeve for dressing up the car that i'll post up when i have more time.
                          Wait wait, so 9091 & 9293 badges are diff?

I see what you mean when saying "matching the letters".

Now the idea for puttin Ex in there is sweet also.. But is it the same font? I don't think it is.

Comment

@F20A CB7: the "accord" badge is the same for 9091 and 9293, but to my knowledge, only on the 9091 has the "honda" badge on it. so iono, i think i was trippin' when i said the "accord" might be different from 9091 to 9293 haha but yeah, the DX/LX/EX badges are the same font as the "accord" badges as long as you pull the stuff off from 90-93 accords, you should be fine, and there won't be any generation mixing ;D i chose to go with all 90-93 badges.

I'd love to see someone try the EX in there, i think it might be pretty cool "this isn't just an accord... IT'S THE EX TRIM." haha but i've already got it on and centered, so i'm too lazy just make sure that if you are gonna put multiple badges, it's gonna take a little more thought when centering everything out. gotta get it spot on!

Comment

I love it!

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
                              "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

DID MY OWN VERSION. I HAD FUN DOING THIS, THANKS P5..

Comment

Working...
                                X