Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spec-D tuning, legit or legit rip-off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spec-D tuning, legit or legit rip-off?

I've been looking around the internet and seeing all kinds of parts from this company for really good prices, seemingly to good to be true. Who are they? Has anyone bought parts from them? And if so, are they built to last?

MRT---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200945

Looks like garbage to me. Generic, low-quality stuff that you can find on ebay.

Though I did a Google Street View search of the company, and they've got a big building with a bunch of sporty cars in the parking lot... so that's good, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Redseth01 View Post
      I've been looking around the internet and seeing all kinds of parts from this company for really good prices, seemingly to good to be true. Who are they? Has anyone bought parts from them? And if so, are they built to last?
      never used them and never came across their name when searching for parts. what is a "Spec-D" actually lol. ever seen DNA Motorsports;they have a few other names like.. something garage on the net, they seem to wholesale china stuff badged as theirs..generic is generic. i wouldnt trust it to like suspension or internal engine parts, but a strut bar or whatever where it doesnt really mater and wont jeopardize safety give them a shot

Comment

Agreed. Parts that aren't putting your safety in jeopardy could be worth trying... but honestly, you'll probably find the same crap cheaper on ebay with no "brand name". Headers, strut bars, intakes (replace the filter with a good one... K&N, AEM, or Apexi), exhaust... might not be great, but might be worth what you pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Agreed. Parts that aren't putting your safety in jeopardy could be worth trying... but honestly, you'll probably find the same crap cheaper on ebay with no "brand name". Headers, strut bars, intakes (replace the filter with a good one... K&N, AEM, or Apexi), exhaust... might not be great, but might be worth what you pay for it.
          like the exact same header to muffler dna has on the bay for like 180 bucks 50 shipped or so..i mean its loud but its t309 and a full flanged system, fit great. tasauto has the same exact thing for like 600 bucks haha..you can tell by the flexpipes design, theres a bazillion of those systems churned out and each vendor tries to persuade you that theirs is better..i didnt feel so bad dropping 400 bucks this time around on just a header that works and looks good/different and has a lot of jibber jabber on google about it.......

Comment

What header did you get for $400?

Chances are, all that generic stuff comes from the same handful of sources in China or Taiwan. When getting generic stuff, always get the cheapest possible... because it's all pretty much the same.

For our cars especially, nobody new is making anything worthwhile (unless it carries a hefty pricetag.) Stick to the brands that have been around forever for quality, such as DC Sports (still a generic design, but the manufacturing is far superior.) For the better cheapie stuff, OBX and Megan Racing are the way to go. Anything else... let the cheapest price be your guide.

Comment

Its perfect stuff for wasting your money and degrading the value and safety of your car.
              Originally posted by Quashish
              hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

What header did you get for $400?
                the highend autosports h22 tri-y

Comment

Ah, ok. I thought you meant F22. I didn't know of any other worthwhile F22A header that would be that price!

Comment

Ah, ok. I thought you meant F22. I didn't know of any other worthwhile F22A header that would be that price!
                    nothing off the shelf for "the street" thats for sure lol..we'll find out when i build up my A1/6 for turbo in a year or so

OP.. the spec d f22 header.. i needed a quick cheap replacement on another motor..66 bucks shipped on the bay.. so just goes to show..

Comment

I have SpecD tuning lowering springs on my car now, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can get something better. Its better for me than my last stiffer suspension that was like 2 by 4s, and I like the drop, but these are too soft for the ride height. Im going to have to change them out.

Comment

I'd never heard of them, so I just went to their website. Clicked on exterior parts or something and this is what I see.

It says 1994-1995 (which isn't even what I want) but the picture is a 1990-1991. That kind of stuff makes me nervous.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                          I have SpecD tuning lowering springs on my car now, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can get something better. Its better for me than my last stiffer suspension that was like 2 by 4s, and I like the drop, but these are too soft for the ride height. Im going to have to change them out.
                          The shocks you have paired with them probably have an influence on the ride quality, I'm sure. You're lower than 1.5" if your sig is current, so nothing short of Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas will work properly.

Comment

Well a slight upgrade in struts did give me a big improvement, so I may keep going that route

Comment

Working...
                            X