Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22B/H23 head vs F22A?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    There should be something in the DIY section. You will need the EX ECU and a pin out to connect to the IM if you don't have an EX/SE from what I remember. But even on my EX I felt huge butt dyno gains from just swapping the plenum.
    Well I bought the H23 plenum. The write up is alittle hard to follow for me without the photos (call it a learning disability lol). By putting the plenum on the a6 runners, you dont have to use the butterflys right?

Comment

You should still use the butterflies (called IABs for Idle Air Bypass valves). You already have the electronic hardware in place if you have an F22A6.

It will give you more plenum volume, and give you the flexibility to eliminate a couple of things like the FITV (Fast Idle Thermo Valve) and ABV (Air Boost Valve).

The H23A1/H22A plenum puts the ABV that was originally on the side of the manifold in the place where the FITV was previously. The FITV is then moved to the bottom of the throttle body. The throttle body of the F22A doesot share the same pattern as the H23A1/H22A, so a matching one must be sourced when doing this mod. Luckily, it's the same pattern as every F/H-series engine after the CB, as well as the B/D-series engines. The early Accord F-series engines seem to be the oddball bolt pattern. One can source a new aftermarket throttle body that has coolant ports through the bottom of the throttle body as a means of eliminating the FITV, or one can source an OEM throttle body that has the FITV attached and plumb it just like factory. Just make sure your plenum opening and throttle body closely match.

Also, the JDM intake manifolds had block-off plates for the ABV. You can buy one of those, or you can buy an aftermarket billet part. There's also the option of leaving it alone like it was intended.

Hope that clears things up.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I feel like a side by side picture would be clearer lol.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          I feel like a side by side picture would be clearer lol.
          lol

Comment

Working...
          X