Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rev iPhone App.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rev iPhone App.

I heard about an iPhone app that could read your check engine light errors and stuff a day or two ago, and it had me curious.

So I did some research, and found an app, developed by Devtoaster, called "Rev", and for $39.99 for one app, I was intrigued, aka. It's gotta be something worth every penny...
    (http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/)

More research led me to a little device made by PLX devices, called Kiwi, which plugs into a OBD-II port, and transmits to the iPhone.

With it, you can monitor Tire pressure, Gas Mileage, etc.. (just off the top of my head)

I don't exactly remember, but I'm pretty sure that 4th Gen. Accords are OBD-I, and I significantly remember this, because its a pretty heated debate.

I was wondering if this is a device that is compatible with our beloved CB7, and if not, off stock, than is it possible to make some simple, or even major modifications, to bring it up to par, for the Kiwi, and iPhone devices.

If not, than maybe a healthy alternative.

Thanks
    P.S.- The Kiwi is $139.99
    (http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwiwifi/hardware.html)
    -John
    Last edited by CB7_Catalyst; 10-24-2010, 10:56 PM. Reason: Links.

Before I'd spend 40 dollars on a program I wasn't sure worked, look for that app in an "ipa" format. I got Dynolicious for free via an ipa app. I'm looking for it now, if I can find it, I'll post the link

Comment

yeah, I guess I hadn't even considered the possibility of an alternative..
      The Rev. App has a Lite version as well
      (Just thought I'd add.)

-John

Comment

How is it a heated debate about our cars being OBD1? That is a fact. 100%, no question about it. OBD2 did not come to be until 1996. 2 years into the 5th generation Accord.

This thing will not transmit anything that isn't fed to the OBD1 ECU. No tire pressure, no gas mileage, nothing. RPMs, perhaps the Air/Fuel ratio (though a useless reading from the stock narrowband sensor), etc...

Nothing more than a simple datalogger device would report to a connected laptop running an appropriate program.

Comment

is it possible to add all of these things?

I'm not sure it'd be worth all that, but Its surely worth discussing

As for the heat, (mind you, this is all from memory, so Im accepting that it wasnt as correct as i remember) but i remember people saying stuff like, Its OBD-II, and then 6 people would be like, NOOO.. its definitely OBD-I. Everybody knows that, and you're a dumbfuck for thinking otherwise.
          Not to bash any users, of course.. I learn so much about cars in general, let alone just CB's, so this site is a huge step in my love for the 4th gen.. people just are not as nice as others.. ._.
          Last edited by CB7_Catalyst; 10-25-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

That might have something to do with your assumption that you're going to get flamed and insulted. When you start a thread assuming that, people will automatically attack you when you're wrong.

Also, if you're not sure what years were OBD2, all you have to do is Google "OBD2" and it will tell you "on-board diagnostic computer system used in cars made from 1996 on." It's really not hard! If you KNOW that you don't know something, rather than using your ignorance as a defense... fucking look it up!

To use a system that reads an OBD2 ECU's signals, you'd have to convert to OBD2. Since there are no OBD2 4th generation Accords, there are no OBD2 ECUs to be had for the F22A (though there MIGHT be an OBD2 F22A1 in a 1996 Prelude... I have yet to see one myself, though.)
            To do it properly, you would need to swap an OBD2 engine into your car so you can run a proper OBD2 ECU for it. Then you would have to rewire your car for OBD2.

OR, spend $50 on a P06 ECU, $20 on a chipping kit, $80 on a Moates Hulog, and plug that shit into a laptop. Get yourself a decent basemap for your engine, as well as a wideband o2 sensor, and whatever other sensors you'd like to hook up (EGT would be my next step), and you'll not only have information you can read... but an ECU that you can tune using that information.

Comment

And please resize or remove your sig... before I do.

nine_deuce, you too. You know better.

Comment

how does it read anything? our cars ecu is not wireless.
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  how does it read anything? our cars ecu is not wireless.
                  Apparently you don't read anything either.

Originally posted by CB7_Catalyst
                  More research led me to a little device made by PLX devices, called Kiwi, which plugs into a OBD-II port, and transmits to the iPhone.

Comment

Well can't argue with you there I guess. So I guess this would work with an ipod touch as well? Might be cool to hook up to the wifes 00 accord
                    ____

Comment

Last I checked our cars arent OBD-II, and also dont have a DLC, so even OBD-I scanners can't read them.
                      wat?

Comment

The iPhone apps use the motion sensor thing inside the phone, I forget what it's called, but, it's the thing that if you're playing a driving game, to turn, you just have to tilt the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                          Last I checked our cars arent OBD-II, and also dont have a DLC, so even OBD-I scanners can't read them.
                          Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                          The iPhone apps use the motion sensor thing inside the phone, I forget what it's called, but, it's the thing that if you're playing a driving game, to turn, you just have to tilt the phone.

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                          Well can't argue with you there I guess. So I guess this would work with an ipod touch as well? Might be cool to hook up to the wifes 00 accord
                          Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Apparently you don't read anything either.Quote:
                          Originally posted by CB7_Catalyst
                          Guess I am not the only one Deev
                          ____

Comment

I was just browsing the net and found this app/device for the iPhone, it's a bit spendy, I think, but if it works, it may be a great buy.

http://www.ot-2.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                              Accelerometer.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Working...
                              X