.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

I have an 92 accord lx with a wire harness for an externally coiled f22a1. I have now swapped in an f22b dohc internally coiled engine.

Here's my question:

If one used an H23 distributor with this swap, would one need to use the stock external coil from the f22a1 to make the swap run correctly with this distributor? And if so, where might one mount it?

I ask because the f22b internally coiled distributor seems to be not working.
      '92 LX.
      JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

Originally posted by ThrakBarts
        I have an 92 accord lx with a wire harness for an externally coiled f22a1. I have now swapped in an f22b dohc internally coiled engine.

Here's my question:

If one used an H23 distributor with this swap, would one need to use the stock external coil from the f22a1 to make the swap run correctly with this distributor? And if so, where might one mount it?

I ask because the f22b internally coiled distributor seems to be not working.

yes you can run an H23 external dizzy with ur F22A1 coil. it is in fact the same coil. lol

the coil attatches to a metal bracket that mounts on the engine on the other side of the distributor. intake cam side.
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          Spark Plugs/Plug Wires:
          Any F22 or H23 will fit. I personally used H23 spark plugs/plug wires without any issues. If you're on the cheap end, you can use stock F22A plugs and wires.

Other Gaskets:
          As for the valve cover gaskets, get the ones for an H23. As far as I'm concerned, this engine does not have lower spark plug tube seals.

Cap/Rotor:
          All F/H distributor cap/rotors interchange. You just need to get the one for your distributor type(internal or external).
          Great write up there Joser!

Agree with the plug wires, but i believe that the H23 ones are longer than the F22a ones, so the fitment is prolly more secure usiing H23 plug wires versus F22 wires, but obviously you can get away with using F series one. as confirmed by ur swap and Alex's

i will also confirm that there are no lower rocker assembly o-ring seals to worry about like on the F22. thank god for H series!! lmao

also, not sure of any significance, BUT the rotors are different between F22 distributor rotors and H23/H22 distributor rotors. i have both and they are slightly different. not to mention part numbers are diff. not sure if plays a part in spark distribution to the plugs or not...

the F22 at least the 92/93 uses: 30103-PT2-016
          the H23/H22 uses: 30103-P08-003
          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

The only difference I see in those rotors are that h22/h23/f22b have the hole for a screw, and the f22a doesn't.

But they all slip on without a problem.

Thanks for the info Seantrelle

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

bumpity bump...for excellent information....NEED DETAILED pics of each step for the noobs though! but I give it 8 out of 10 being...

1 point lost for NOT showing pics per steps...

1 point lost for NOT being MORE detailed ( procedures ).. ( lifting procedures )....how its best to take the engine/tranny out as a WHOLE not as parted ( engine seperated from tranny ) when taking out...ANGLE the engine FRONT first ( pulleys ) and inch it while double checking all cables are disconnected ( assuming the persons having common sense to do it in the first place )...NOT including if you take the engine out alone..the driverside axle has to come off.( detach shaft from intermediate shaft )....( procedure..refer to manual of choice )

etc..etc..

just busting your balls mayne! but overall good writeup!
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
              My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                bumpity bump...for excellent information....NEED DETAILED pics of each step for the noobs though! but I give it 8 out of 10 being...

1 point lost for NOT showing pics per steps...

1 point lost for NOT being MORE detailed ( procedures ).. ( lifting procedures )....how its best to take the engine/tranny out as a WHOLE not as parted ( engine seperated from tranny ) when taking out...ANGLE the engine FRONT first ( pulleys ) and inch it while double checking all cables are disconnected ( assuming the persons having common sense to do it in the first place )...NOT including if you take the engine out alone..the driverside axle has to come off.( detach shaft from intermediate shaft )....( procedure..refer to manual of choice )

etc..etc..

just busting your balls mayne! but overall good writeup!
                all that should be common sense when you're actually doing it.

Plus, this isn't a guide on how to take out an engine, or put one it.

Comment

all that should be common sense when you're actually doing it.

Plus, this isn't a guide on how to take out an engine, or put one it.
                  but its suppose to be INCLUDED in the COMMON SENSE or FIRST TIME guide!

so the noobs dont fuck up anything!
                  92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                  My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                    but its suppose to be INCLUDED in the COMMON SENSE or FIRST TIME guide!

so the noobs dont fuck up anything!

for all the noob that dont know that shit shouldnt be doing any swaps at all..... like joser said common sense...

but pretty good write up since i think mostly every1 that cant afford h22 is getting f22bs now right after joser hit 15.2 on his NA set up lols

Comment

which oil pump do we use h23 or f22

Comment

F22

Comment

F22
                          thanx

Comment

gotta give you MAD props for this write-up man, seems VERY helpful, i'll be enjoying this swap fairly soon also

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                            My Ride thread
                            Flickr
                            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                            All I gotta really say is:
                            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

A quick query

Hey dude, so I want to pick up an F22B DOHC
                              for my 1991 LX, And I read everything. It says there is no wiring changes to be made...When I get a P06 ECU do I have to rewire things then?
                              Also then motor mount part, I am still confused I guess...I do plan on the obvious things like changing the timing belt etc...
                              But am I clear here, that the F22B DOHC will just bolt right in?(after swapping mounts) and I slap in my axles, connect my wiring harness(after Tuck), and just drive it down the road? Obviously not for long on a stock ECu though.
                              the P06 would be the main thing I'd like to get...
                              I'm sorry to sound like such a newb. I've swapped in engines before, but
                              in a shop it's usually just stock to stock, i.e. d15 obo-1 to d15obd-1,
                              I think I have done about a million of those lol...
                              Last edited by zack_odom; 08-31-2007, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hmm, I guess I should edit that mount part. I actually copied that part from the h22 swap guide.

You can use the mounts that come with the DOHC. The timing side mount is the only one that usually comes, if it does. But if it doesn't, then yea, re-use the mounts from your f22a.

Using a p06 with is as simple as unplugging the old ecu and plugging in the new one.

If you need any help, contact me. I'd love to help a fellow NW cb7tuner with a swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X