No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't wait for the progress to begin. and as much as the paint on the car looks good. i just know mikey wants that bitch white. like NOW. lol
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Congrats man! Glad to see us OG members
      Still staying faithful to the cb chassis. Love it!

:Back In Business...

Comment

5 spd Mike?

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

How much was she? I bought mine in Ocala also lol...I live here
          Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            5 spd Mike?
            YUP! I haven't posted any pics of the interior because it is the burgundy/maroon color and it disgusts me, but yes it is a factory 5-spd. I'll post a pic below.

Originally posted by wildcatloe View Post
            How much was she? I bought mine in Ocala also lol...I live here
            Picked it up for 3750, which I felt was pretty good considering the condition (only 50k miles). Low mileage clean CBs often sell for this price on eBay, even for DX and LX models. I feel this is technically overpriced for somebody looking for a reliable used car - all the rubber in the suspension needs to be replaced and it is in desperate need of a tuneup, but those factors don't bother me, that's not why I bought it. There was another seller, also from Ocala, trying to sell a very similar aged CB but it was White and Automatic, but they wanted > $4k. Considering it likely needed the same amount of work and still needed to be converted to 5spd, this grey coupe was the better choice.

I already have an extensive lineup of parts waiting for it... I just need the garage space, free time, and warm weather to finally put it all together.

Here's a couple additional pics:

Covering everything with "Fluid Film" rust prevention spray:

The nauseating interior:
            Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-21-2013, 02:06 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

As much as I sometimes wish my car was a low-mileage car because of the condition of certain things I still wonder how you justified the price given that you will still have to spend lots of money to correctly paint the car and replace all of the rubber seals you're concerned with. At the most your other car needed patch panels on the quarters and then it was done body-wise. Between the cost of that replacement and a simple respray do you think you'd be in the territory of what you spent now to get a new body?

I'm not hating at all. I really do like the new car. I just don't see how the cost was justified.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                now that i think about it mikey, my coupe had 60,000 miles on it when you met me. funny how things work.
                -sean
                And I remember how envious I was, how you were starting with such a fresh car! At the time, my LX had over 250,000 on it.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                As much as I sometimes wish my car was a low-mileage car because of the condition of certain things I still wonder how you justified the price given that you will still have to spend lots of money to correctly paint the car and replace all of the rubber seals you're concerned with. At the most your other car needed patch panels on the quarters and then it was done body-wise. Between the cost of that replacement and a simple respray do you think you'd be in the territory of what you spent now to get a new body?

I'm not hating at all. I really do like the new car. I just don't see how the cost was justified.
                There were actually quite a few flaws to the old coupe, and the rust is worse than it appeared. It would need extensive quarter repair, all the way to the tail lights. Considering this was the critical factor keeping me from progressing with the rest of my plans, I had to gauge time+effort versus cost, and it was becoming obvious in my life that buying a new shell, and selling the old coupe, actually ends up being "cheaper" for me. Not just cost, but effort and time especially. After a couple thousand bucks in bodywork the old coupe would have been "nice," but what would I be left with? A car that still doesn't compare to the clean straightness of a virgin body, and one that still needed all the same amount of work in terms of aftermarket mods. I felt I was at the last point in time possible to swap upward for a rust-free, perfect shell from down south, while still having enough value in the old coupe to recoup some of the cost. Yup it is expensive for a 20 year old car, like I said. But that's not why I was buying it. I absolutely love the CB chassis, it is something I plan to own for many more years to come - and I felt the best way of making that happen was to start with one that is basically "brand new" and exactly the base I want - a '93 5spd EX Coupe. Being picky limits options and I feel every year that goes by, finding a car like this, even for an expensive pricetag, may be close to impossible. Every time I pop the hood and am greeted by golden, rust free hardware, I remember why I made this purchase. Heck, the splash guard bolts came out by hand, and were still perfectly grey with zero rust on any threads. THATs what i wanted.
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

to me, it seems like what any real enthusiast of classic cars would do if they had the chance; find the absolute best version of the car they are enthusiastic about, then build from there.

edit: I was writing that before Mike posted his response and said exactly the same thing lol.
                  Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 12-19-2013, 07:34 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                    Every time I pop the hood and am greeted by golden, rust free hardware, I remember why I made this purchase. Heck, the splash guard bolts came out by hand, and were still perfectly grey with zero rust on any threads. THATs what i wanted.
                    Sweet There's something so nice about predictability: clean rust free fasteners everywhere, no snapped bolts, clean virgin sheet metal everywhere including places you hardly ever see, decent looking underbody, etc... Well worth the money in the end. It's good to be 100% happy w/ your new purchase VS. being maybe 75% w/ your old coupe after the repairs.

Comment

that...color...interior...SUCKS! what were we as humans, thinking in the early 90s. I understand the grey and the tan and the black. heck even the blue. but maroon???? looks like the surface of Mars in there. gonna go through the hassle of swapping in a different interior or you gonna live with it mike? also. if i had my way, all cb chassis would have black dashes, no matter what color interior. I will be checking on you here and there for your updates. hope we meet up again one day. when shes ready. maybe come down and see me and mike (deev) when shes ready.

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        to me, it seems like what any real enthusiast of classic cars would do if they had the chance; find the absolute best version of the car they are enthusiastic about, then build from there.
                        Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                        Sweet There's something so nice about predictability: clean rust free fasteners everywhere, no snapped bolts, clean virgin sheet metal everywhere including places you hardly ever see, decent looking underbody, etc... Well worth the money in the end. It's good to be 100% happy w/ your new purchase VS. being maybe 75% w/ your old coupe after the repairs.
                        That's exactly how I feel about it. Time is marching forward, and we've crossed the boundary where everything OEM for these cars is pretty much discontinued - very soon it's going to be really hard to locate the pieces necessary to fix up an older shell that has more wear and tear on it (such as my old coupe)

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                        gonna go through the hassle of swapping in a different interior or you gonna live with it mike?
                        oh hell no it is definitely not staying!! here is something i picked up recently:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-21-2013, 02:17 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

Did you get the brain and the harness as well?
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            Did you get the brain and the harness as well?
                            Unfortunately not, due to time constraints at the junkyard. My original plan was to get the SE dash to gain the passenger airbag, but being unable to find one complete/unpopped, my plan evolved into using the airbag hole to house the engine fusebox. What you see there is actually just the lid with nothing underneath it. I'm considering eliminating the driver side airbag as well anyway, so whatever.

I *do* have a complete CD5 SRS harness, with brain&sensors which is prewired for two airbags. If I ever get a fresh SE airbag and end up wanting to hook it up, I would probably retrofit the CD wiring.

Current cars:

Comment

Mike got a nifty nrg hub n momo wheel to match

Facebook me
                              http://www.facebook.com/damon.amplo?ref=tn_tnmn
                              For sale thread
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post3092146
                              Willing to buy/trade thread
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196484

Comment

Nice find mike.
                                .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Working...
                                X