Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

crazy clearance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crazy clearance issues

I did an automatic 5spd. conversion on a 92 accord dx. i swapped the rear mount and used a transmission, mount, and bracket from a 90 Accord EX 5spd.i left the same F22A1 .The transmission and mount couldn't fit.the transmission bolted on but the bracket and mount wouldn't line up. it was impossible to bolt up all four mounts. we switched up the order in which we bolted up the mounts but it didnt matter we read some where that the front mount needed to be changed but that made no diffrence either. finally i put a 97 transmission,mount,&bracket. it fit but on the timing belt side i have no room to take off any of my belts. the crank pulley is less than an 1/8 of an inch away from the chasis. its very tight. to take off any belts i have to unbolt the left and right mounts and pry the engine over . its too much work to do simple maintainance its so tight on that side of the engine bay.

ANYONE HAS A CLUE WHY?????????

so you put in a 97 tranny with a 97 tranny mount & bracket?

if so you will always have that problem till you get the custom tranny mount. cause from what Ive heard the CD5 & lude mounts push the engine/tranny 1/8s foward & 1/8 to the drivers side.

also I think your suppost to stick some washers under the drivers side mount, but dont qoute me on that.

hope that helps

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

which custom mounts have an idea where i could get it from car, dealer, junkyard, special website.??? pplease let me know that info is very helpfull

Comment

did you tap the transmission to use the accord mount?

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

hmm.. never knew that about CDs/BBs.

Originally posted by Night Wolf
          so you put in a 97 tranny with a 97 tranny mount & bracket?

if so you will always have that problem till you get the custom tranny mount. cause from what Ive heard the CD5 & lude mounts push the engine/tranny 1/8s foward & 1/8 to the drivers side.

also I think your suppost to stick some washers under the drivers side mount, but dont qoute me on that.

hope that helps

Originally posted by toycar
          Braking the bank, maybe. Feeling like a boss, likely.

Comment

no, just used the same year(97) mount bracket and tranny it bolted right up no taqpping was necessary

Comment

Working...
            X