No announcement yet.

I'm 48,000 Words In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Rascals and Scarface you say? Take my money.

Comment

Sure did. This thing is action packed. I promise you. I just recahed 71,700 words, and it's about 98% complete. I'm closing it out now. Hopefully it'll be done by tonight (Sunday).

Next I'll be spending some time fine tuning it. You know, editing/proofing/grammar/tense/time/place...
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

...and we've finally finsihed it. Time to go back and read/comb through/solidify the writing.

Yeah!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Congrats!! Time for the fun part.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Congrats!! Time for the fun part.
            Yup, that it is. I've went back and started to proof it already from the very begining. I have the first page and a half in the bag.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

The editing process is coming along real smoothly like!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hopefully I can get it sent out to be copy written by the EOM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

...and just like that, off to copyright.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ahhhh. Red pen, not-so-fond memories of school.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                        Ahhhh. Red pen, not-so-fond memories of school.
                        This is really real. I had to do this to my entire novel. Talking about a tedious processs - all 122 pages or 78,000 words. Now, I'm typing all of these edits. It's a lot of work.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This is just a teaser to hopefully wet your appetite.

"...Before anyone could release their clutch, all six helmets turned in unison to see what was approaching from around the bend. To their surprise, they saw a Ferrari 488 Pista, a Corvette ZR-1, a Lotus Exige, a Tesla Roadster, a BMW 1M, a Mazda RX-7, and a pro-touring 1967 Chevy II speeding around the twin north bound freshly paved lanes. The Ferrari and Corvette were leading the pack, while the Chevy II was calmly following the pack a few car lengths behind. As the cars exited the apex of the curve a few feet from where breakfast had just been eaten, the only thing that could be heard was the ear gratifying concerto coming from the steel and titanium exhaust pipes of those magnificently engineered machines. The soothing off pitched hum from the exhaust made the fluid in the six motorcyclists’ spinal cavities resonate sending a chilling yet soothing sensation throughout their bodies. The moment was so powerful and raw as the cars accelerated towards the exit marker, it made each person's body slightly pitch forward onto their toes in a slow climaxing gesture. The sound continued to carry on through the winding road as the cars moved away from the six motorcyclists.

What seemed like a millisecond later, small rocks and dust could be seen thrown into the air from the 200/55ZR17 Metzler Racetec RR mounted on the rear wheel of the Aprilia RSV4...."
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 12-19-2018, 12:52 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Are you having a professional editor tackle it after you've done your revisions? Just curious, I'm not sure if that's actually required or just recommended when going public with a book. It's just that to me, the choice and amount of metaphor is blurring the lines between Need for Speed and Fifty Shades of Grey. It makes for an odd combination, but then again, without having read everything leading up to that paragraph, I can't exactly tell how the story is styled.

And not to be that guy, but since writing is the topic at hand... it's "whet."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Definitely. I have a professional editor on deck who will be receiving it after I'm finish typing my red pen edits.

I don't have a background in Literature/English/Writing/Editing. Mine is in engineering, and I know my lane. I know when I need to get a professional to polish something I have no expertise in. I learned many of the basics from the three English classes I had to take in college, but how often do I excercise what I learned oh so long ago on a novel level?

Nevertheless, thanks for the open and honest feedback.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

1M or M1??

I feel like this book is going to smell like catless exhaust fumes and gear oil. Keep it coming!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X