No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wiper mod is a little bit easier with the dash out. But you will appreciate the upgrade. I think doing this made me realize how much I need to replace my wiper motor. It seems a bit sluggish in operation these days.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      The wiper mod is a little bit easier with the dash out. But you will appreciate the upgrade. I think doing this made me realize how much I need to replace my wiper motor. It seems a bit sluggish in operation these days.
      Lol, so true. When I turn on my wipers people are like, are they broke?
      They are so slow, it's kind of funny.

Comment

My wipers only work if it is set to the middle setting. The first and the third don’t work at all.
        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Lol, so true. When I turn on my wipers people are like, are they broke?
          They are so slow, it's kind of funny.
          Mine do the same thing! I even got a known good one from Paul and same thing. I wonder if maybe we are use to newer cars and how fast they go? Or our motors are just old on all of them.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

So don't do this folks! Don't try to do this with the dash in. It's not fun. It took me about 6+ hours to get this thing out, with 2+ hours spent on this dam yellow airbag plug!

Hack marks from me trying to get this black box out without removing the fuse box...

There are plugs in the back of the fuse box too. One hand only work in here too, really really sucks. Get use to your ribs hurting from laying on my side too...

No idea how i'm going to get this back in, but this is the end goal. We are replacing the cb7 black box with the cd5 blue box which has the 2 extra pins / wires for the delay function

Take out two screws and slide this whole unit to the right to remove. Run the new wires down obviously... and pin in.

Big thanks to NH-503P-3 for pre-pinning these wires. So easy to just click in to the connector.

Now........ the venture to put it all back in & test.

Comment

I think I just focused on getting the entire fuse box out and then swapping out the parts and putting it back in. I also lay on my back with me feet towards the roof of the car whilst doing this. Lol

Comment

Having a removable steering wheel makes so much more room to maneuver when under the dash. I once fried the interior fuse box and had to replace it. So I feel your pain, at the time I was to timid to remove the dash so I did the same exact thing your doing now.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

So is that the feature that automatically lengthens the wiper delay when you come to a stop, and then speeds back up when you get going again? The RSX does that, and I've always thought it was a cool detail. Wouldn't mind putting it in the CB.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This system is a bit more basic and not tied into the vehicle speed sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                      This system is a bit more basic and not tied into the vehicle speed sensor.
                      I bet if you setup a simple relay tied into the line of the wiper power, you could do it. IF VSS = 0mph = 0V (I'm guessing). Relay would cut power to wiper function when VSS reads 0V / 0Mph. Rough way of doing it though.

Comment

Oh and I did remove the steering wheel. Just several bolts there.

So there was blood, sweat, but no tears involved in this. But we did finish and we were successful!

Couldn't resist and took Sally for a drive.

1. I definitely had the clutch pedal adjusted too much one way. Moved it back near the middle and much better now. It was too much of a quick release prior from me trying to get the catch point near the floor.

2. The mishimoto rad cap let coolant out (again). Everyday I'm more and more disappointed in their rads. Will bend the tabs on the cap and try again.

4. The PS reservoir may have leaked out the top, not sure if there's too much coolant in the system, etc. Not worried about it.

3. The Yokohama S Drive AS/01 tires on the car are too hard of a rubber compound. I can spin these all day and they never warm up, they never wear down. Definitely need to change them up with something more sticky.

Comment

That wiper delay is a nice little mod. Too bad it's so hard to get to that box. I don't know how many times it's been raining and I've been constantly fumbling my wiper switch on and off.
                          My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                          Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                          Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Not sure what the problem was getting it out. I usually just grab the box and give it a good tug and out they come. Anyway good job on the mod even though, it looked brutal.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
                              That wiper delay is a nice little mod. Too bad it's so hard to get to that box. I don't know how many times it's been raining and I've been constantly fumbling my wiper switch on and off.
                              Yep, Your car never feels so old until you realize you have to flick that wiper switch back and forth over and over during a lite rain...

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              Not sure what the problem was getting it out. I usually just grab the box and give it a good tug and out they come. Anyway good job on the mod even though, it looked brutal.
                              Agreed. but no way you could pin that connector with the fuse box in there...

Comment

I pinned mine in down there, without removing the fusebox. Granted it wasn't fun.
                                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                                X