uncle_el : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accordtypeR
    rides looks AWESOME buddy. I love to see clean white accord anyway where did you get the cf trim. I have auto as well. PM me
    Originally posted by uncle_el
    carbon fiber dash kit (st. andres)
    http://www.standres.com/products%5C22-1.cfm

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

the car looks good uncle_el

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        i didnt know you got a flush mount spoiler! hehe, well it kinda looks like it in that photo, kind of. lol. (not criticizing, im just being silly)

any recent updates? any new rare jdm wheel additions to your collection?

how are the ziex's holding up?

Comment

How many times do I have to profess my love, for your drop????? LOL, I can picture _el jacking the car up, turning the back coils a quarter turn, staring at it for an hour, and saying "This just isn't right. It's all wrong!!!! AAAAGHHHHH!!!" But it all paid off...your car is SLAMMIN!

I have some 'tings planned for later this year though...

*laments in the fact that NOBODY is gonna get the rims I want...*

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i like how the G square grill and the carbon fiber hood look like one piece, it makes it look like a higher end vehicle. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet
              the car looks good uncle_el
              thanks.

Originally posted by TypeG
              i like how the G square grill and the carbon fiber hood look like one piece, it makes it look like a higher end vehicle. later.
              thanks.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              How many times do I have to profess my love, for your drop????? LOL, I can picture _el jacking the car up, turning the back coils a quarter turn, staring at it for an hour, and saying "This just isn't right. It's all wrong!!!! AAAAGHHHHH!!!" But it all paid off...your car is SLAMMIN!

I have some 'tings planned for later this year though...

*laments in the fact that NOBODY is gonna get the rims I want...*
              arrozburner (he helped me put the omnis on) and i only had to do it twice. the rear is completely slammed, and we didn't do the front low enough for my liking on the first attempt. on the 2nd, we had it where it sits now...

Originally posted by k-mart
              i didnt know you got a flush mount spoiler! hehe, well it kinda looks like it in that photo, kind of. lol. (not criticizing, im just being silly)
              i never noticed that, but it does look like a flush mount spoiler, lol.

any recent updates?
              i've been keeping it under wraps, but now that the issues have been resolved, i can let you guys know...

on january 26, i was headed to work early a little after 7 am, thinking i'd have a chance to grab a bite to eat while watching the news with the secretary prior to morning report (where the overnight on call team presents an admission and we try to determine the diagnosis, and mismanagement issues, learning issues, etc.). i was on 5 south, and noticed a vehicle approaching rapidly. the car in front of me stopped, and i was slowing down to about 5 mph. i looked into my rearview, and said to myself, damn, i hope she doesn't hit me. needless to say, that's what happened.

as soon as i said that to myself, i heard a screech of tires, followed by a loud sounds of metal upon metal, my trunk flew open, plastic pieces flew... i was on my brakes, but no matter, as i slammed into the car in front of me.

somehow, all traffic stopped so that the three parties (the car in front of me, myself, and the lady behind me) could get over to the shoulder. miraculously, there was also a city/county tow truck (in l.a., there are metro tow trucks on the freeways to help expedite freeway accidents) that was in the slow lane. the first thing i did was to call the secretary, to let her know i'd be late to work (morning report is mandatory attendance). second party i called was california highway patrol, to let them know there was an accident and that my neck hurt (the only way they'll come is if there are injuries or if there's a death). third party i called was my dad (underwriter for state farm insurance), and the fourth party i called was timmy0tool.

i got out of the car (after the 1st phone call), and assessed the damage. a young woman (30s) in a lexus rx300 had rear ended me. her vehicle didn't look to bad, but mine looked like crap in the rear end. right side red clears obliterated, k-mart's sedan trunk smashed in, rear bumper cover cracked and falling off, thus exposing the spot in the rear bumper support bar for the placement of the edm rear fog... right rear quarter panel bent in, front end, headlights intact, carbon fiber hood smashed and cracked, front bumper cracked... inside my change from the change drawer was somehow on the floor even though the drawer had been closed, my headunit was shifted down and to the right...

we exchanged info and waited for chp to arrive (though the lady in the rx300 didn't want to, the tow truck pinned her in until chp arrived). the guy who i hit in front of me happened to be a general contractor and happened to have wire in his car. he helped me to wire my trunk so that it wouldn't flap up- there was/is no way to close it with the way in which it is bent.

i think my cars' fine, and head down the freeway in the slow lane... i get to going about 50 mph, and my hood flies up!! i pull over to the side as quickly as i can. then i see what i should have checked for... the hood latch is non existent. add to that, the g square grill is cracked on the top. add to that, the hood opening mechanism is bent in such a way that even if the hood latch was intact, it would have been impossible to close the hood.

so, i do what i have to do, and get back on the freeway to try and get to the exit nearest my hospital so that i can take the surface streets. again, the hood flies up. but i've learned to drive with it that way by now, and look at the space between the hood and the dash. surprisingly, there's decent visibility.

i call both my insurance carrier (state farm), and her insurance carrier (all state) to file claims. after thinking about how long the process coudl take, i go through her insurance to facilitate the transaction. my thinking is that my insurance co. will only cover the rental up until a particular number, whereas her company will have to pay for the rental car until they come up with a number that's suitable.

i get a rental car the next day (i was on overnight call the day/night of the accident). fast forward to the next week, and all state sends out their insurance adjuster. as soon as he sees the car, he tells me "the car is done. it's definitely totalled." he tallies up some things, sends it electronically to all state, a few minutes later he tells me "we're offerring $3400." i tell him politely "my car's worth more than that, i have roughly $1500-2000 in wheels/suspension alone, there's no way i'm going for that." he tells me to wait to hear from all state, they'll send the necessary paperwork.

i talk to another person at all state, who tells me to tally up my receipts, and fax them to her. i find all the receipts i can, and come up with over $5000 in aftermarket parts (couldn't find my receipt for my carbon fiber dash kit, didn't include the tint).

today, i hear back and they offered $6900 ( for the cost of the vehicle and licensing fees)... or $5700 or so and i keep the car. needless to say, i want to make sure the parts in working condition get onto other cb's, so i am keeping the car.

so, all of this is to say that i no longer have a cb7. i will be parting the car out (please don't ask/tell me you have dibs. if i haven't spoken to you personally, wait for the thread).

at this point in my life, being a physician, i will be moving on from the world of cb7's. this was my first and only car i've had in my life. i knew it inside and out. i looked, but don't feel that i can find a cb7 locally in as good as shape with as low miles (just over 148k). more than likely, i will be moving on to a sedan, rear wheel drive (refer to "japanese equivalents" in the other automotive section for ideas) as the prices are right for what i'm looking for.

synopsis:
              car is totalled
              i will be reasonably parting it out
              moving on to another make and model

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

damn elliot srry to hear man .. hope evrything goes good for you .. wish you the best ..
                "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

Man I am so glad you finally posted this. It was hard for me to look at your thread and try to post something knowing this back when you told me the news. I completely understand your reasoning for not getting another cb7 especially with us being perfectionists. Please don't forget about us as you move onto the next hobby car and make sure you continue to visit this forum! Good luck on your part out.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

OMG Elliot im soooooooo sorry to hear that dude and im sure whatever car u get next will be a reflection of ur style just like the cb was this is terrible once again im glad ur ok and im sooo sorry to hear that

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

i am sorry to hear about what happened. i hope nobody goes out and posts "karma" that would be just uncalled for. let us know how everything is. since this happened last month, how is your neck?

maury

Comment

this really sucks.

Can we get a moment of silence i loved ur car

Comment

Damn _el, that really sucks to hear man. Your car was a definite source of inspiration for cb7tuners. I feel you on reaching a point of wanting to move on though, and I wish you the best with your next whip. LOL, maybe we'll meet up again on G35driver.com... I already KNOW you'll stick around, at least in OT though...but damn, that sucks. All those parts down the toilet. Did you ask the lady why she didn't stop?

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

sad day in cb history better keep in touch
                            1992 Honda Accord LX Sedan

NAME WHORE HATER #1

Comment

Wow man. That's horrible. I know the feeling of the hood flying up and being rear-ended on the highway at nearly the same time. I'm very sorry to see the CB7 go. I know I haven't been here long, but I know enough to know that your car was an inspiration to a lot of us. Your next vehicle will surely be in good hands. Hope you're feeling better. Later El.
                              RIP:
                              1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                              1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                              Currently daily:
                              1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

i hope all is well for you El, i mean it. you really were an inspiration here in this forum. thanks for all tha advice and remarks you gave. see you at Ramiro's bbq.
                                LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X